Android auto wireless

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2018 Honda Accord. I'm pretty sure it doesn't support Android auto wireless, but if the car is started, and I'm fairly close (e.g. A few hundred feet), the android auto app automatically starts up on my phone (Note 10). If I'm in the car, the app doesn't start.

Why/how does the app start wirelessly?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The 2018 Accord radio should have Bluetooth, so it should support Bluetooth (wireless) connection to the phone.

(Moved to Ask a Question - Android Apps is for developers to discuss development of apps.)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The 2018 Accord radio should have Bluetooth, so it should support Bluetooth (wireless) connection to the phone.

(Moved to Ask a Question - Android Apps is for developers to discuss development of apps.)

It can't be Bluetooth, as I'm well over 30 feet from the car. The only time this happens is when I'm at the dealer getting service. I'm in the waiting room, at least 150 feet away from the car, and when they start up the car, the Android Auto app on my phone starts up (annoying, because I'm using reading something on my phone).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's when they're starting your car, not someone else's car? (Bluetooth can reach a bit over 30 feet - most phones are good - in clear air [line of sight] - to about 40 feet.)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it's when they're starting your car, not someone else's car? (Bluetooth can reach a bit over 30 feet - most phones are good - in clear air [line of sight] - to about 40 feet.)

It couldn't be someone else's car, as I'm only paired with my car. Today, I walked into the service area when Android auto started on my phone, and my car was running. I don't see how it could be Bluetooth.