Moto G 6+ green square sround everything

A

AC Question

green highlighted box appears around anything I touch and will not respond

I updated my nexus 7 to 5.1.1. Now everything I touch gets a green highlighted line around it but does not respond! It will boot up and sit on the time, app or email msg page and do nothing except get a green highlighted line around anything I touch. I cannot swipe away the lock (security) to get to the app page. I have tried the reboot with no success.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: green highlighted box appears around anything I touch and will not respond

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you have an Accessibility option turned on. If you can access the System Settings, go to Settings>Accessibility,​ and turn off anything that's turned on.

Grace Agyen lotty2

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I updated my nexus 7 to 5.1.1. Now everything I touch gets a green highlighted line around it but does not respond! It will boot up and sit on the time, app or email msg page and do nothing except get a green highlighted line around anything I touch. I cannot swipe away the lock (security) to get to the app page. I have tried the reboot with no success.

I need help. Can you help me

Ok. Please how do i do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Go to your System Settings (either by swiping down the notification panel and tapping the gear icon, or going to the App Drawer and tapping the Settings icon there), then scroll to Accessibility, and then look for anything that's turned on there.

If TalkBack has been turned on, you might have to navigate as described here: https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/6006598?hl=en&ref_topic=3529932

blessyone1

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site

Thank you for this . same here my android highlighted green square keeps on bugging ..Thank you for your help , it stop.

sowmya mallavarapu

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site

Thank you so much!!!
You people have saved my time and money.. i dont know how it happened, but suddenly when i opened my phone that green box was displaying wherever i touch on the screen with a slight vibration. i thought its becoz of the poor quality of my digitizer nd display which was changed recently. your answers for someone have helped me. And finally i got rid of this problem. THANK YOU once a again!!

Jeff378

Nov 25, 2018
Visit site

You just press volume buttons at the same time. Sometimes putting phones in dashboard holders you've hit both volume buttons and it turns on accessibility/green highlights all over the place and Android panic rage

fountain40

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site

I have a Lenovo with this same problem however I can not access anything. It sits on the log in with this green box and I can’t access settings or anything help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Did you already look through the link for TalkBack help from my reply in post no. 4 above? That includes instructions on how to navigate the screen when TalkBack is on.

ibroinowski

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site

Hi I know I am really stupid in this kind of thing but I have the same problem However I cannot even get into setting to do as you suggest. I can move from box to box on the opening page but no more. I have tried turning it off by holding both buttons.

I did have low storage and now I found out I do not have an sd card. Would this matter?

Any ideas?

thanks

Ian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? You tried turning it off by holding the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons at the same time?

What happens if you swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers? Can you get to the Settings icon there?

A

Android Central Question

My Moto G6+ developed a green square around everything, I logged on to this page and read similar problems. Jeff 378 suggested to press both volume buttons at the same time. This has worked perfectly! Jeff 378 thankyou so much. You are a legend!!

Jim

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site