Where are downloaded images being placed from the google app widget

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a samsung galaxy s10+ and i used the google app widget on my home screen to download images from google. Now i don't know where they are on my phone. I gave google permission after i downloaded the images to storage but they are not in the download folder. Any idea where they are? like if i compose an email and click on attach a file i see the images pop up but I don't know where they are located...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy s10+ and i used the google app widget on my home screen to download images from google. Now i don't know where they are on my phone. I gave google permission after i downloaded the images to storage but they are not in the download folder. Any idea where they are? like if i compose an email and click on attach a file i see the images pop up but I don't know where they are located...
Have you checked in chrome downloads?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select Google, then Permissions. If Storage permission is turned off (which is default for some reason), then files downloaded by the Google app go to a protected system directory (I think called /document), which can only be accessed by the Google app itself. You need to turn on Storage permission, which will make subsequent downloads go to the standard /Download directory that is accessible to the user.