The first time I ignored it because I wasn't on a wi-fi system. Now I'm getting it again. Plain white popup with black letters and a click-able "learn more." Options are "download & install now" and "Remind me later". Title of popup is "Security update needed". Message is "Your system is 3 days out of date. Download may occur over a cellular network causing additional cost. Update size: 185.3 MB" When it popped up about 4-5 days ago it said the exact same thing. It looks pretty suspicious to me, and I am hesitant to click on "learn more" or either of the other options. Has anyone experienced this? I have an LG G7 thinQ that has Lookout Security installed, and I ran Malware Bytes to see if anything turned up.
    10-21-2019 09:12 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-21-2019 09:14 PM
    Text message or email?
    10-21-2019 09:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you go to the Settings>About Phone>System Update menu? Does that notification show up there?
    10-22-2019 02:51 AM
    Hello, The exact same thing just started last week on my Pixel 2. The odd thing is I have disabled both System Update notifications on Google Play Services as well as Automatic Updates in developer options. I'm not sure why I am seeing this?
    10-23-2019 12:13 PM
    just go to your settings as a previous post stated and check to see if there are updates available to download and install.
    10-23-2019 12:20 PM
    You can't disable system updates - even if you answer "no" to an update request, after a certain amount of time, the phone will update. The Pixel 2 should be on the October update now. Look in Settings > About phone > Android version. The update date should sat 2019-10-01. If it says 2019-09-whatever, it needs the October update. Do what B. Diddy suggested. (In less than 2 weeks, the November update starts rolling out. It's normally the first Monday of the month.)

(Different manufacturers update at different times, but Google updates every month.)
    10-23-2019 01:11 PM
    just go to your settings as a previous post stated and check to see if there are updates available to download and install.
    I don't want the update though, I am rooted with an unlocked bootloader so I like to control how/when my phone is updated. I am still on the Aug 2018 version and up until last week because of whatever settings I deliberately ticked my phone never notified me of an update. Now all of the sudden I am seeing this new prompt.

You can't disable system updates - even if you answer "no" to an update request, after a certain amount of time, the phone will update. The Pixel 2 should be on the October update now. Look in Settings > About phone > Android version. The update date should sat 2019-10-01. If it says 2019-09-whatever, it needs the October update. Do what B. Diddy suggested. (In less than 2 weeks, the November update starts rolling out. It's normally the first Monday of the month.)

(Different manufacturers update at different times, but Google updates every month.)
    In developer options there is a setting that says disable automatic updates... you are saying the phone will still update anyways? With this selected to off mine hasn't since Aug 2018. i'm still on 8.1
    10-24-2019 10:25 AM
    I don't want the update though, I am rooted with an unlocked bootloader so I like to control how/when my phone is updated. I am still on the Aug 2018 version and up until last week because of whatever settings I deliberately ticked my phone never notified me of an update. Now all of the sudden I am seeing this new prompt.

In developer options there is a setting that says disable automatic updates... you are saying the phone will still update anyways? With this selected to off mine hasn't since Aug 2018. i'm still on 8.1
    Hi, welcome to the Forums!
    If your rooted with custom recovery that ota would never install , have to be on stock un rooted firmware.
    10-24-2019 10:38 AM