Hello,

I have a LG Tribute Empire phone under a Sprint network and wondering how or if I can use a bluetooth hands free ear piece?

I've gotten the browser to respond to speech but not the phone dialer.
    10-22-2019 01:44 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-22-2019 01:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to use Google Assistant over your Bluetooth earpiece? What brand and model is the earpiece?
    10-22-2019 02:40 AM
    We can go no further if you don't respond.
    10-24-2019 06:28 AM
    Ok after sifting through my password database I found that i already have a androidcentral user account

I picked up a Bluetooth earpiece and have been trying to get the LG TRIBUTE EMPIRE to respond to voice commands. I seem to remember being able to get it to recognize voice commands through google and it's built-in microphone. However what I would like to do is be able to dial a phone number from the LG's phone dialer.

Haven't been able to get any sort of response via voice commands and the default phone dialer that came with the LG phone.

Apparently the Motorola Motostart H350 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset pairs ok with the LG phone, but no response from the LG phone trying different voice commands to dial a number already reg. in the phone dialer.

lg tribute empire VOICE COMMANDS-s-l1600.jpg
    10-27-2019 02:20 AM
    I'm not sure when that headset was released, but if it's pretty old, it's probably not compatible with Google Assistant. However, I saw in the manual that if you press the Call button and then speak the name of the contact after the tone, it's supposed to make the call: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...?page=5#manual
    10-27-2019 02:58 AM
    What would be a good hands free device to get?

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that are recent, but not very expensive. I seem to remember paying $20.00 for them. I was able to talk and listen but would need to experiment some more to see if able to work the cell phone's dialer.

Good bluetooth head phone ususually run from around $50.00 to more than $150.00 where some are several hundred.

However I don't really want to spend alot just to talk hand free via bluetooth, as I don't need to make many calls while driving and can pull over to the side of the road.

I'm uncertain which hands free devices are considered legal to use while driving. Our state has started to crack down on what you can do while driving. e.g. can't smoke, can't eat food, can't use many different types of devices while driving.

I'm uncertain about e.g. gps units and hands free cell phone devices. Many items that create a distraction can potentially be considered illegal to use while driving.
    10-27-2019 04:53 AM
    I probably need to find something that has good compatibility with my LG cell phone which doesn't seem to have any information about using hands free devices in it's users manual.

There's tons of different bluetooth hands free ear pieces. Which have good compatibility with the LG Tribute Empire I'm uncertain.

https://support.sprint.com/support/a...-dvc8500002prd
    10-27-2019 05:00 AM
    My wife swears by this one: https://pl.factoryoutletstore.com/ca...oaAgXsEALw_wcB. We've gotten a number of refurbished units that work great (we just have to keep replacing them because they get lost!).
    10-27-2019 01:11 PM
    Bluetooth the last I looked is up to version 5.x. I have a bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle that can be used with a pc / laptop.

You should look and see what version of bluetooth your cell phone uses to achieve better compatibility.

Found a some bluetooth headphones that list LG Tribute Empire compatibility.

Bluetooth version 4.1+EDR, HSP, HSP, HFP, A2DP & AVRCP

Veho Zb-5 On-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones | Foldable Design | Leather Finish | Microphone | Remote Control | Wired Option | Rechargeable | Black - (VEP-012-ZB5) Headphone

Veho Website - Product Detail

https://veho-world.com/en-eu/product...th-headphones/

Buetooth Earpieces I'm uncertain there are so many different brands running around $20.00 - $25.00

Perhaps any of the newer one will work ok. One problem with some bluetooth devices is that they may loose connectivity. Once they loose connectivity you need to go through the bt settings in order to reconnect, while better bt devices either don't loose connectivity or are automatically re-connected without user intervention.

This is what I've gathered from reading reviews of bluetooth headphones, the more expensive ones usually work better and don't loose or have problems with it's bt connection.

Some areas of the country you may need to be careful what you do with certain wireless devices while driving as if it becomes a distraction can be considered illegal getting a ticket which you can take to court and try to prove what you were doing while driving wasn't a distraction.

Operating a FM or satellite radio while driving can be construed as a distraction. Newer vehicle now have menu systems where a person needs to play around with a menu from a LCD screen which can be discerned as a distraction while driving.

Technically you can't eat a candy bar, drink some pop, smoke a cig, while driving. However many places don't heavily enforce driving distraction laws as it's usually left as a decision for the officer on patrol.
    10-27-2019 07:12 PM