Set up pixel originally, face unlock works fine, as soon as I installed and enabled MobielIron by login with my company email account. face unlock stopped working,
    'Use face unlock for' / unlocking your phone is set to disable and grayed out.

Once I disabled MobileIron app, face unlock is working again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Sean
    TomerBA likes this.
    10-24-2019 02:46 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-24-2019 02:46 PM
    Pixel 4 is new phone out so once you register for free can communicate with other members
    10-24-2019 02:47 PM
    This is probably something you'll need to discuss with your company IT folks. They have either intentionally disabled the feature, have not yet evaluated the feature for complying with security policies or have not realized there's a setting they need to flip to enable it on this new device.
    10-24-2019 04:57 PM
    Thank you hallux for your reply, I did ask our IT, they did not find anything different, but did mention I might be the first to switch iPhone to Pixel 4 in our company and it is a new feature, so there might be some additional settings. I will have to wait and see if others have similar issue.
    10-25-2019 10:17 AM
    I may be wrong but I think I read this about Samsung s10 and Android 10
    10-25-2019 12:20 PM
    It's probably because face recognition unlock is about the most insecure way of unlocking a phone there is. (A "humanoid" Styrofoam head and a flexible picture of your face will unlock almost any phone set for face unlock. Some will unlock with just a flat picture. Mobiltron is probably trying to maintain some semblance of security.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-2019 01:51 PM
    It's probably because face recognition unlock is about the most insecure way of unlocking a phone there is. (A "humanoid" Styrofoam head and a flexible picture of your face will unlock almost any phone set for face unlock. Some will unlock with just a flat picture. Mobiltron is probably trying to maintain some semblance of security.)
    And obviously you haven't read about the tech behind it. This similar to FaceID using IR and advanced tech to figure out your face (!= from the old insecure face unlock). That's the reason why there is no backup fingerprint on the iPhone or the Pixel 4 it's as secure (or more secure) than a fingerprint.

The reason MobileIron doesn't work with it is because they don't support yet the new Biometric Manager introduced in Android 10 (which supports both fingerprints and and face unlock). Microsoft InTune MDM management is ready so I heard.
    10-31-2019 04:33 PM
    The reason MobileIron doesn't work with it is because they don't support yet the new Biometric Manager introduced in Android 10 (which supports both fingerprints and and face unlock).
    This is what I would guess as well. Send feedback to the MobileIron developers and tell them to get cracking with an update to the app to take advantage of the new API!
    10-31-2019 08:40 PM
    As Google replaced the existing FingerprintManager API with a new BiometricPrompt API – and it’s not supported by “Mobile@Work” it got disabled,
    And face unlock can’t be used.
    your IT won't be able to help -until mobile@work app will enable this API...
    11-14-2019 05:44 AM
    Update,
    Our IT pushed and installed an update, now face unlock is working with MobileIron is enable on my Pixel 4.
    Sean
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-20-2019 02:31 PM