Can we arrange albums alphabetically?

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a lot of picture albums.

When I want to move a picture to an album, I have to individually read through 50 albums one by one to select the right album.

It's because they are not arranged alphabetically.

Can I change the arrangement to alphabetical?

I have a Huawei P Smart with Android version 9.

Thanks for help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, you posted the same thing about 5 times. The duplicates have been deleted -- please post once and wait for a response, thanks.

Which gallery app are you using?

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I am using the default picture gallery of the phone.

Regards,

(p.s. sorry for multiple posting; I got some weird message about strings and operators after posting so I thought the question was not posted).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The stock gallery app often doesn't have the option to sort. You probably have to try a 3rd party gallery app. In a previous thread, you had tried Piktures -- does that allow you to sort albums alphabetically?

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.
Thanks for the answer. Yes, Piktures does list the albums alphabetically.

I haven't used it much before but lets see how easy it is to use as compared to the default Galley app.

Thanks.

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
I also have another question.

In my previous Android version before it updated, I could see the Albums arranged in a 'Detailed' form. Like in a Column with the detailed names displayed.

But in the new version the albums are arranged in a 'Grid' form and the names are not fully visible which is so annoying. Can I change it to the detailed view?

Thanks very much.

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
OK, so Piktures is not working.
It is not moving any pic to any folder on mem card. The wait sign never goes away. I have to restart the app. The default app doesn't give any problems during moving pictures.

Any advice please?
Thanks.

amer1970

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

The pic actually did get through but its a way too slower than the default gallery app. For example, a pic size 1 MB takes about 20 secs to move to another album. While the default app moves in a split second.

But otherwise the Piktures is a nice app and all the albums are now in alphabetical order which is much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon