I have a pixel 2 is there any real reason to upgrade to 3-4?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

At the moment I use a pixel 2 and I'm due an upgrade.
Is there any real reason to upgrade to either the 3 or 4 at the moment. I'm not a phone buff so only use for basics (calls,msgs, internet, YouTube etc). I'm also not one that takes alot of pics.
TIA 👍

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with belodion, the 2 should still serve you well for at least another year. It's still a great phone camera as well, but the 3 is somewhat better and the 4 is significantly better, so that's the only reason I would've strongly suggested upgrading to either the 3 or 4.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2, with Camera 3. It takes great pictures, and the 3 (and 4) don't offer enough to be worth the money. (If they fit the Otterbox Defender for the 2, and the upgrade price was about $50, I might, but otherwise, even a free upgrade would cost me $50 for a new case, and I wouldn't pay more than that for the upgrade.) Google came out with new phone because "it was time", they didn't add anything useful (they deleted the fingerprint scanner from the 4, which is the only reason I bought the 2 - face recognition isn't as secure).

When they come out with something worth having, I'll probably upgrade. But there's still another year of updates, so we;ll get Android 11, then we can see what the 5 or 6 looks like.