I've been really impressed with 90Hz displays dual screen folding phones (more of the ones with external battery in second screen) and flagship Snapdragon CPUs .. but it seems like most of them are exclusive to AT&T and will not have support for Verizon... I unfortunately live in a part of the USA where Verizon is monopolizing the area so require Verizon... I love the razer phone 2 and ASUS ROG phone 2 but they have no Verizon support... What are some options for dual screen phones on Verizon? I know LG'S G8X is coming out but I loose 30% battery with its dual screen because of the lack of external battery in the second display.. any other phones out there? It's come to the point where I much rather have 2 6-6.5" screens then 1 screen that's 6.75" like on my current Samsung S10 5G
    10-28-2019 07:39 PM
    The reason the ROG2 isn't accepted by Verizon is that ASUS refuses to certify it for VoLTE (and Verizon is doing away with 2G and 3G at the end of the year, so no more CDMA for voice). As someone said in the Verizon forums, ASUS designed the phone to be obsolete before it came out. (Which is typical "forethought" for ASUS - one of their computers came with a PATA interface on the motherboard, but no drive plugged into it - and when I tryied a drive in it, it wouldn't work. I was told by their "tech support" that the customer wasn't supposed to open the box - on a desktop PC.)

If you want a phone like the ROG2 that meets current specs (like VoLTE certification), you're just going to have to wait.
    10-29-2019 01:56 PM
    As someone said in the Verizon forums, ASUS designed the phone to be obsolete before it came out.
    I've said that many places. It's not only a Verizon issue, but the ROG Phone 2 will cease to make calls on any U.S. carrier in the next 2-3 years as all carriers are shutting down the 2G and 3G networks.

I've researched this phone up, down, and sideways, and I'm in the same Verizon boat. Right now, several users at the XDA forums are saying the phone will activate on the Verizon network as data only. So you can browse online, but not make a traditional phone call. What they are doing as a work around is switching to Google Voice to make calls through their 4G LTE network. It's not VoLTE, but more like regular VoIP. You can set it up to either forward all calls to GV, or have it on a new line, then port your existing number to GV so your contacts don't have to update anything. One user said he's making use of the second SIM slot and subscribes to a cheap AT&T MVNO for calls at $10/mo. When all the networks have shut down 2G and 3G, the GV workaround will be your only option, plus you lose the ability to call 911.

This could all be fixed if Asus would certify it for VoLTE in the U.S, but they have so far refused to do it and have said there are no plans for it.

As for the Razer 2, that can be used on Verizon with their BYOD program.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/unloc...razer-phone-2/
    10-29-2019 02:37 PM
    Also, the Galaxy Fold is the only dual screen/folding phone out right now. Ones like the ROG Phone 2 and LG G8X have second screens that clip on. I doubt you could fold them closed to keep on at all times without being too bulky. Plus, I know the ROG 2's second display is a separate purchase (their accessories are EXPENSIVE!). Not sure about the G8X.
    10-29-2019 02:42 PM
    I've said that many places.
    I knew the name was the same, I didn't know if it was you.

It's not only a Verizon issue, but the ROG Phone 2 will cease to make calls on any U.S. carrier in the next 2-3 years as all carriers are shutting down the 2G and 3G networks.

port your existing number to GV so your contacts don't have to update anything.
    I've been doing that for years, just so I don't have to worry about porting if I move networks. (And getting the calls on my landline with the Obihai modem.)

This could all be fixed if Asus would certify it for VoLTE in the U.S, but they have so far refused to do it and have said there are no plans for it.
    And many people have said that they have no plans to buy ASUS products because of that kind of attitude. (If they want to keep shooting themselves in both feet, that's going to be less competition for other manufacturers.)
    10-29-2019 02:44 PM
    I knew the name was the same, I didn't know if it was you.
    I use this name everywhere, except it's Mr_Mooncatt at XDA because mine was already taken. Lol
    10-29-2019 02:48 PM