Can't connect to any WIFI

ahmirof

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
My phone is a little bit old!! HTC Desire 816 , everything was fine and i was checking my instagram , suddenly my wifi disconnected , after that my phone can show available wifi networks but can not connect to anyone. i use different Wifi networks and hotspots but i have still this problem.
i did something like Network reset , phone Soft reset, Hard reset , Changing wifi advance options ,showing to an phone hardware expert and it doesnt has any problem and still can not connect to any wifi, i insert the wifi password and it says (Saved, Disabled or connection failure)
Do you have any Idea what should i do except changing my device!!!????

CellPhOneAGe

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Visit site
If so, you can only send your phone to the HTC official repair center to detect whether there is a problem with the wireless module. Please be sure to back up all the data of the mobile phone before sending the repair, and bring the unified valid purchase invoice and valid warranty certificate to the HTC official service point.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Google the APN settings for your specific network and phone and then compare it to your setting. You might need to create a new one. I read some peoples phones require "dun" under APN type.....
default,supl,mms,dun

Settings > Network & internet > Mobile Network > Access Point Name (APN)

Copy the settings exactly how they are. Lowercase, uppercase, spaces, and commas for all settings or else you might not have service until you make it correct.

Last edited:

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Google the APN settings for your specific network and phone and then compare it to your setting. You might need to create a new one. I read some peoples phones require "dun" under APN type.....
default,supl,mms,dun

Settings > Network & internet > Mobile Network > Access Point Name (APN)

Copy the settings exactly how they are. Lowercase, uppercase, spaces, and commas for all settings or else you might not have service until you make it correct.

That has nothing to do with the wifi issue the OP has.

ahmirof

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Im the Questioner with an Account!! Thanks everyone for responding, i used wipe the partition cache but doesnt work, my Mobile data work well but Wifi still have the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Turn on wifi, go to settings>about phone>status and see if your wifi displays a mac address. If there is no mac address shown, the module may have failed. A way to check this is to see if your Bluetooth can connect as it is part of the same module.
Let us know the result

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Can you connect in safe mode?
Turn on safe mode
1.Off.
2.Press and hold to On.
3.When "Htc "logo is displayed, release the key On.
4.Immediately after releasing the Power key, hold the key Volume down .
5.Keep holding down the Volume Down key until the phone finishes rebooting.
6.Release the key Volume down when you see Safe Mode appear in the lower left corner of the screen.