I took my smartphone with me and the battery was empty. When I recharged the device I got this typical SIM card message. Enter the PIN.

but unfortunately I didn't know the PIN anymore and couldn't use the device. how can I deactivate it under Android 9? without removing the SIM card from the sim card slot?

Under iOS system I can restart the device. just hold down the POWER button and activate the flight mode. then the "Enter SIM PIN" screen is gone.

Here's a little guide to what happened with me and it's not conveniently solved in Android system:

1. insert one or 2 SIM cards into Android device. Because not always my PIN notice, I have on the Android device in password manager app.
    2. go to friends or shop. sometimes it can happen that i am not always at home. and my android device has no more battery and device goes out.
    3. when I turn on the Android device
    4. the "Enter SIM PIN" screen appears
    5. now you don't want to enter SIM PIN or forgot it.
    6. unfortunately i can't access my password manager app because the "Enter SIM PIN" screen blocks the android home screen. You get stuck.

in this case I have to go home or ask people if they have a needle so I can remove the SIM card from the device.

I tested with Android 9 and compared it with iOS 10.

Can somebody test if Android 10 fixes it?

I still have a slight reminder that it can deactivate this "Enter SIM PIN" screen in Android 2 via flight mode, just as it can in iOS. Why did Google remove this function? Can anyone tell me what this is all about?
    Why did google remove it with flight mode? it's so uncomfortable. Why can't you change it?
    10-31-2019 03:35 PM
    Welcome to the forums. This is a very important security feature and it's not exactly uncomfortable, it is safe. You can find the PIN in the original frame that came with the SIM card. If you have lost it you need to contact your carrier for assistance.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 03:43 PM
    And letting the battery run out regularly enough for that to bother you is going to kill the battery very quickly. If you can't charge the battery at 45%, turn the phone off. (Or carry a power bank with you.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 04:03 PM
    please read the text again!

it's about the sim pin display! it appears when you insert a sim card! it cannot be aborted!

it has nothing to do with sim lock, or what they say. it is only the normal sim pin.

try it yourself, you still have an android device. now take out the sim card and put it back in.

it comes the sim pin screen. but you don't want to enter the pin and want to cancel the window and enter the pin later. and that's exactly what you can't do!!! on iOS you can simply click on the "cancel" button in the sim pin window.

the question is. can you deactivate this or is it fixed under android 10?

because according to my memory it was under android 2 or something, it was very similar to iOS.
    10-31-2019 04:54 PM
    I have switched SIM cards several times on different phones and I only get that SIM PIN screen if the SIM card lock option is enabled in settings - security - advanced. Usually I have this option disabled in both cards (dual SIM phones) and never had such a problem.

When this option is enabled you need to enter the PIN when switching cards or after a restart.How to disable Enter SIM card PIN window under Android 9?-screenshot_20191031-184119.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 05:43 PM
    All I am aware of are commercial services. It would be quicker and cheaper to contact your carrier to resolve
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 05:53 PM
    I have switched SIM cards several times on different phones and I only get that SIM PIN screen if the SIM card lock option is enabled in settings - security - advanced. Usually I have this option disabled in both cards (dual SIM phones) and never had such a problem.

When this option is enabled you need to enter the PIN when switching cards or after a restart.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191031-184119.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	312512
    i want it after a restart or if the device has no battery left and starts after recharging. just cancel the sim pin window and enter it later. i don't want to disable the sim pin lock option.

my iPhone can do that and my umts stick on the PC.

in addition, my android device has another meaning of this sim pin lock option.

How to disable Enter SIM card PIN window under Android 9?-screenshot_20191031-225150.jpg
    10-31-2019 06:06 PM
    All I am aware of are commercial services. It would be quicker and cheaper to contact your carrier to resolve
    see my answer to. it's about the normal banal sim pin window and nothing more.
    10-31-2019 06:08 PM
    i've noticed that the description on your android device is totally illogical. everyone has to take a needle and remove the sim card from the sim card slot. what exactly does this feature bring you, as shown in your text. there's a wrong description on your device or too imprecise a description.

because it's about the sim pin lock and not about the device lock e.g. by code or password.

the description on my Android device is more accurate because it only processes the Sim card.

I want the Sim PIN lock option. But I don't want to enter it immediately after a reboot or card change.

I want it to be convenient and I decide when I want to enter the sim pin.

this doesn't work with Android. Therefore the question whether Android 10 fixes this?
    10-31-2019 06:15 PM
    i want it after a restart or if the device has no battery left and starts after recharging. just cancel the sim pin window and enter it later. i don't want to disable the sim pin lock option.

my iPhone can do that and my umts stick on the PC.

in addition, my android device has another meaning of this sim pin lock option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191031-225150.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	312513
    As far as I know the SIM card lock works as I told you before, when enabled you need the PIN to unlock and to use the card (as your screenshot shows). I keep this option disabled to avoid that problem and having to carry or memorise three different PINs.

Maybe you could switch aeroplane mode on before switching the phone off and see if it works as you want, but I wouldn't put much hope on this. And about the battery, as Rukbat said, try to avoid it. I think it's that or change your PIN number to a different one that you can easily remember.

Sorry, I understand you are asking for a different solution but I don't know of any.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 06:28 PM
    As far as I know the SIM card lock works as I told you before, when enabled you need the PIN to unlock and to use the card (as your screenshot shows). I keep this option disabled to avoid that problem and having to carry or memorise three different PINs.

Maybe you could switch aeroplane mode on before switching the phone off and see if it works as you want, but I wouldn't put much hope on this. And about the battery, as Rukbat said, try to avoid it. I think it's that or change your PIN number to a different one that you can easily remember.

Sorry, I understand you are asking for a different solution but I don't know of any.
    I'm grateful that you want to help me and look for alternatives. You're right, I don't like the solutions.

I don't want to remember a light pin or disable sim pin. the idea was I save my sim pin into a password manager app on my Android device. When I need the sim pin, I open my password manager app and enter it.

the flight mode idea doesn't work. When this Sim Pin window appears, there's nothing you can do. I tried to get the notification center (it does not appear). doesn't work. or keep the power switch pressed. there is only power off, restart and emergency mode.

a question, which version of Android do you use? Can you activate flight mode when the Sim-Pin window appears?
    10-31-2019 06:44 PM
    I'm grateful that you want to help me and look for alternatives. You're right, I don't like the solutions.

I don't want to remember a light pin or disable sim pin. the idea was I save my sim pin into a password manager app on my Android device. When I need the sim pin, I open my password manager app and enter it.

the flight mode idea doesn't work. When this Sim Pin window appears, there's nothing you can do. I tried to get the notification center (it does not appear). doesn't work. or keep the power switch pressed. there is only power off, restart and emergency mode.

a question, which version of Android do you use? Can you activate flight mode when the Sim-Pin window appears?
    Right now I'm on Android 10 but I can see later on a phone running 9. And sorry, I can't check now how that lock screen works because ... I forgot my PIN and I would be in a tricky situation if I enable that setting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2019 06:51 PM
    Right now I'm on Android 10 but I can see later on a phone running 9. And sorry, I can't check now how that lock screen works because ... I forgot my PIN and I would be in a tricky situation if I enable that setting.
    Very good. please report as it is under Android 10 and Android 9. Thank you
    11-01-2019 04:16 PM
    Very good. please report as it is under Android 10 and Android 9. Thank you
    The message on my Moto G7+ running Pie is the same than the one I posted before from the OP7 running 10. It's kind of a double lock system for the whole phone and not only for the SIM card.
    11-01-2019 04:26 PM
    Here you go.How to disable Enter SIM card PIN window under Android 9?-screenshot_20191031-204849.jpg
    11-01-2019 04:29 PM
    as i said before, you have a wrong description because i have other android devices myself and they show a different description (presise description) as i showed above.

besides, as i said before, this function is not there to lock the device. because you only have to remove the sim card and the lock is gone. this is not a device lock.

it's only a sim card lock.

you said you wanted to activate the sim pin and then this sim pin window appears. can you click the flight mode or something like that?
    11-01-2019 04:56 PM
    This guy is just getting upset because you won't tell him how to disable a stolen sim card lmao
    12-19-2022 02:25 AM
    If you enter the wrong sim card pin too many times then it will lock the sim card and require 8 digit puk code to unlock. Did this happen? Not sure what carrier you have but with TMobile this is the way to unlock it as an example
    Attached Thumbnails How to disable Enter SIM card PIN window under Android 9?-screenshot_20221219-105856_chrome.jpg  
    12-19-2022 02:00 PM
    His last post was 3 years ago so I'm sure he moved past his SIM card issue, and started dealing with the "Covid changed the world" issue
    Mr Bojangles1 likes this.
    12-20-2022 12:31 AM
    His last post was 3 years ago so I'm sure he moved past his SIM card issue, and started dealing with the "Covid changed the world" issue
    Wow that's hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was playing off the new message and didn't even notice the others were years ago hahaha. I guess I will start paying attention to that, thanks lol.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-20-2022 02:06 AM
    Thread closed due to OP no longer responding.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    12-20-2022 02:21 AM