How Can I Restore Apps and Data From Google Backup Cloud To A New Android Phone

gorimapa

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello:
I intend to get a new Android phone, and I need to install all the apps that have been automatically backed up by Google on to the new device.
I have no idea what so ever of how this is done: that is how to bring up the apps from the cloud.
And subsequently install them.
So, I will like to get some tutorial on how to do this, that is bring up apps from the google cloud backup for installation on to a new phone.
Do I have to do anything on my current phone to make this possible?
I currently use Android 6.01 Marshmellow, on a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime phone.
I hope my question is clearly understood.
Thanking you all in advance for your help.
Regards.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well depending on what device you have and which device you get the process will be different. I will say this however manufacturers make switching as easy and automatic as possible. Samsung has Smart Switch, where you connect the two devices together physically and data is transferred. HTC has one, the name escapes me, that uses NFC and/or Bluetooth and you sit the devices on top of one another. Your carrier may also have a transfer tool. Verizon backs everything up to their cloud service and transfers it, even if you don't use their cloud service. Google detects new sign-ins on a new device and automatically ask if you want to transfer data. It will literally be super simple and super easy so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Things that won't transfer; app sign-ins*and game saves**.

*Google will remember passwords you've saved with it and may offer them but you may have to sign-in again.
**Games don't usually save progress in a way that is transferable but some games do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
During setup, you should put in the same Google address in the new phone that you had on the old one. Then, after a couple of hours, the phone should have synced up with anything you have Google Sync enabled for - apps, pictures, contacts, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173