Phone sending out texts i didnt send

cated88

Nov 7, 2019
Visit site
So I get a text from my friend asking if I was ok and on her end she received texts asking if I should say I'm dead so obviously that would strike anyone as concerning especially when it's 4 am my time and she's in a different country and I haven't spoken to her in months... I did send the texts before by looking up the phrases but that was in a convo in February and there's no way I accidentally scheduled BOTH of them to send because it doesn't give months out options unless I manually type it in. I'm going to call Verizon tomorrow but it's currently 5 am and I'm so creeped out and wondering if anyone else has had this issue? It's not like my phone is hacked because I have said those exact phrases before? I have a Moto z3

wlmsn

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
My mom got a text this morning from "me" saying "I finished the presentation but might be too much text" ... wasn't from me though. It was 4:54AM so sounds like the same time as you

wlmsn

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
No it doesnt show it anywhere on my phone, I just searched the phrase in my messages app and found it on the 14th.

I posted a thread about it on the Verizon reddit and a bunch of people had the same issue so it sounds like a weird VZ mess up

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sure sounds like a network glitch. Definitely call Verizon about it -- they may not be able to fix it right away, but the more feedback they get about this kind of thing, the more likely they can prevent it from happening again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It was fixed - it was just a one-shot deal. It was a bad update at the "SMS clearinghouse", they caught it and fixed it before too many had gone out. (Still, some disconcerting ones did.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma