Why my screen lock don't work of HTC U12+?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't know when start it but, my screen lock don't work after pass set up time. And when i activate the trust agents SMART LOOK (GOOGLE) it's turn off do lock. Someone can help me, why my HTC U12 PLUS screen lock don't work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, can you clarify your question? Are you saying that the phone never asks for the screen lock even after it's been idle for more than the interval you set?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the U12+ and I had a couple of issues with the screen lock and this is how I fixed them;

First issue I had was it seemed like the screen wouldn't lock. If I pressed the power button and a short time later would press it again the phone would open up as if it was not locked. I found that this was happening because the timeout was still running. So I had a 5 minute timeout set and if the screen and the device were not idle for that amount of time I could open it up just like it was not locked. Find the option for lock immediately when the screen turns off. This may actually be all you need because regardless of what the phone is doing or the time if you put the screen to sleep the lock comes on.

Screen lock and display timeout. If I remember correctly this was my other issue. My display timeout was 5 minutes but my lock time was 2 minutes or something like that, and it didn't start running until the display timed out. So if I walked away from an open app the display would turn off after 5 minutes but the phone wouldn't lock for another 2 minutes after that. Changing it lock immediately when the screen turned off/went to sleep also fixed this.

One other note is the face recognition on this device is really fast so even if you're just glancing at it when the screen turns on it can open. My son got great pleasure out of popping the phone up at me for an instant and being able to get into my device.

Hopefully you find some help in one of those. If not or if you have a reply follow mustang7757's link and reply to this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome