Rotating screen won't auto fullscreen anymore

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use samsung internet and have tried almost every other browser with the same results. I believe it was after the last update. I'm not the most tech savvy but I've looked around for a while now and found no answers.

I was to be able to rotate my phone and the video playing would fullscreen. Now it doesn't even auto rotate or fit the screen, the bottom is cut off and it's pretty annoying. Works in the youtube app though, but that's infested with unlockable ads. Any help would be greatly appreciated, hoping it's a setting I've missed. Thanks in advance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can go into settings >display >full screen apps they are default auto can try full screen, also if that dont work you'll have to pinch out and in for full screen on video . Auto rotate is called portrait in the notifications drop down panel make sure toggle on

Ludenz

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm aware of the portrait settings. The screen still rotates but the issue is when I do so the videos don't auto fullscreen upon physically rotating the phone, which it used to do. This happened on my old phone as well and was a minor annoyance but now a portion of the screen isn't visible. I'm also on Samsung S10+ if it's of any consolation.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm aware of the portrait settings. The screen still rotates but the issue is when I do so the videos don't auto fullscreen upon physically rotating the phone, which it used to do. This happened on my old phone as well and was a minor annoyance but now a portion of the screen isn't visible. I'm also on Samsung S10+ if it's of any consolation.
Hi, welcome!
You tried the other suggestions?

Ludenz

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I did. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the previous reply. Another thing, I used to be able to double tap on the left or right side of the videos to skip back or forth 10 seconds. It won't let me do that anymore either.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I did. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the previous reply. Another thing, I used to be able to double tap on the left or right side of the videos to skip back or forth 10 seconds. It won't let me do that anymore either.
That one tap on the video will pop up with those options

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol