I just moved from Motorola 2e to Samsung A10e. So in learning mode still.

I have been receiving a notification "Samsung Account To continue using services securely, sign in again". I am of course signed into the phone, but would that mean to use Samsung mail, browser etc, I would have to sign in each time I use the phone? I guess I must have created a Samsung account during setup?

I am happy enough to just use Google, Gmail and their contacts calendar etc. How do I disable Samsung equivalents?
    11-16-2019 12:29 PM
    Sorry for double post. After my post this came up on laptop screen:
    [] operator not supported for strings on line 140 in /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/mvb-mods/mn_qa/hooks/showthread_start.php
    #0 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/packages/mn_qa/hooks/showthread_start--mnqa_showthread_start.php(2): require()
    #1 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/showthread.php(118) : eval()'d code(2): include('/web/forums.and...')
    #2 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/showthread.php(118): eval()
    #3 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/vbseo.php(1232): require('/web/forums.and...')
    #4 {main}

Yet posts appeared????
    11-16-2019 12:33 PM
    I just moved from Motorola 2e to Samsung A10e. So in learning mode still.

I have been receiving a notification "Samsung Account To continue using services securely, sign in again". I am of course signed into the phone, but would that mean to use Samsung mail, browser etc, I would have to sign in each time I use the phone? I guess I must have created a Samsung account during setup?

I am happy enough to just use Google, Gmail and their contacts calendar etc. How do I disable Samsung equivalents?
    I would use Samsung account , with that you can use Samsung pass store your password,secure folder and to remotely unlock your phone if forgot password or fingerprint didn't work, also it backs up your data,files, message, photos to Samsung cloud . Once you sign in no need to do again
    11-16-2019 12:56 PM
    I really don't need to duplicate most of that. I want to maintain sync of GMail incl contacts, calendar with my laptop/tablet.
    I can backup to Google Drive but really no need - nothing on phone that is also elsewhere.
    No need for yet another cloud storage.
    Finding lost phone feature good and presumably I can retain that anyway.
    Just want to make Gmail and Chrome and Google defaults. And stop Samsung sending me notifications about logging in. Or if possible uninstall the Samsung equivalents.
    11-16-2019 01:11 PM
    I really don't need to duplicate most of that. I want to maintain sync of GMail incl contacts, calendar with my laptop/tablet.
    I can backup to Google Drive but really no need - nothing on phone that is also elsewhere.
    No need for yet another cloud storage.
    Finding lost phone feature good and presumably I can retain that anyway.
    Just want to make Gmail and Chrome and Google defaults. And stop Samsung sending me notifications about logging in. Or if possible uninstall the Samsung equivalents.
    If you have Samsung Samsung unlocked version there are some things you can uninstall vs carrier and some apps can be disabled by going into settings >apps> tap to see if disable not greyed out. Also Samsung pay wont work without your account. And if you want to further disable things can download package disabler but it's not free. https://www.packagedisabler.com/

Good luck !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2019 01:16 PM
    Ok thanks. I do have unlocked phone, but when I looked in apps, i seems nothing can be uninstalled, but some can be disabled or not set as default. I will work a bit more on it.
    11-16-2019 02:02 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    11-16-2019 04:14 PM