I have a moto G6 play that I bought from somebody but when I try to activate it they said that it hadn't been scan from a store what is that that lock called that is on my phone
    11-16-2019 07:04 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-16-2019 07:14 PM
    Interesting never heard that before , looks like that person sold you the phone try pull one over you and make money
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2019 07:15 PM
    Not sure what the lock would be called and given that this sounds like a stolen device we're talking about, I think the Forum would frown on offering you any real help.

However I will say that when the device is scanned at the retailer the ESN is activated. Without this activation the device cannot activated. Additionally if the device is stolen any repair shop, carrier or activation center that scans the ESN will likely alert someone.

Hopefully you didn't pay too much because chances are you won't see your money back.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2019 08:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree, this sounds pretty fishy. Show us a screenshot of that message: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2019 09:09 PM
    This sounds like one of those "fell off the back of the truck" sales. If this phone was stolen, careful how you proceed. It's unlikely you'll get your money back. If you purchased through a website, report it to them that you were sold a stolen phone. If you bought it direct from an individual, I would go to the police and turn it in. If you are caught with it, you could be charged with possession of stolen goods (at least in the U.S.). So your best course of action is to be proactive and turn it in. If not to the police, then to the carrier if you can figure that out, or to the manufacturer.
    B. Diddy, Laura Knotek and Rukbat like this.
    11-16-2019 10:16 PM