Delivered call notification.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello people. Is there any Android that has build in delivered (forwarded) call notification? I 've tried a lot of apps for this doesn't work. I need to forward my office's call to my mobile so that i can see if the incoming call is delivered from my office or not. I don't want an app.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What about a service?

How would your phone know if a call was forwarded? If I'm reading your question correctly you want to know if the incoming call is one that was forwarded to you, I'm assuming so you can answer the call differently from a personal call. No device is going to have this feature.

I know you don't want an app, but look into Google Voice. Yes there is an app but that's only so you can interface with the service on your device. It is however not necessary because it can be interfaced from a laptop or PC just as easily. You can have calls forwarded to all of your numbers, even landlines. It also offers you visual voicemail and a Google phone number so you don't have to reply from your personal number to unknown callers or texters... I could go on but I'll let you look into it if you're interested.

Hey I might be wrong... Try iPhone. They seem to be able to do everything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Forwarding is done by the carrier, not by the phone (the phone just tells the carrier "forward all calls/calls if I'm on a call", etc.), so the phone can't know if a call came in and was diverted to another number. It's not Android, it's not cellphones, it's the whole telephone system philosophy. They'd have to redo central office computers and phones (both landline and cellular) to allow the phone to forward the number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay