s9 cuts out streaming after 5 minutes or less

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Going to make an apple buyer out of me, s9 still wont stream music for more than 5 minutes, without cutting off. The easiest thing in the world to do, stream music. My s4 can do it but not my s9. Never again Samsung will I buy one of your phones, and I HATE, HATE Apple, but thats where I'm going in a couple of months.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: same old **** s9 cuts out streaming after 5 minutes or less

Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Before you jump to that conclusion, maybe there's something we can help with. First, which streaming service are you using? Does it cut off on both mobile data and wi-fi? Does it happen if you turn off Battery Optimization for that particular app?

You know, there are other Android manufacturers besides Samsung, so before fleeing to Apple, you might consider one of them. The issue you describe could very well be peculiar to Samsung's firmware and how it handles background apps.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I had this same issue with my Samsung S10+. I had gotten a notification saying that my Podcast app was running in the background at a time when I wasn't listening to it and it asked me if I wanted to put the app to sleep. Of course I'm not using it so I said yes. Later I would be listening and 3 to 5 minutes later it would just stop. If I picked up the phone it wake it and the podcast would start again only to stop a few minutes later. Some times if I closed the app and opened it again it would play for a little longer but it would eventually go into the cycle again. Check your Device Care or it might be Device Health on your model. Under battery there's a list of apps that have been put to sleep. If your streaming app appears there turn off, put app to sleep. What they don't tell you is if you opt to put the app to sleep it will continue to put the app to sleep every time it thinks you aren't using the device. Thanks Samsung.:D

buzystreamer

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site

Sorry i got a little carried away with the header, but I am having a very bad time with streaming whether WiFi or Data. I listen to streamed music from Aural Moon, Tune In, Radio.com mostly and after 5 minutes or so off goes the music. When I open the phone again back comes the music. This did not happen when I got my phone 1 year ago, it only started with the software upgrade to Knox? 3.2.1. It is now happening on Sirius so I have to leave the screen on at all times while listening. Screen lock override has to be on now, but did not have to be on before. This is really frustrating, maybe someone can help, I am not an expert on these things. In searching around though I see that this problem is not limited to me alone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Sorry i got a little carried away with the header, but I am having a very bad time with streaming whether WiFi or Data. I listen to streamed music from Aural Moon, Tune In, Radio.com mostly and after 5 minutes or so off goes the music. When I open the phone again back comes the music. This did not happen when I got my phone 1 year ago, it only started with the software upgrade to Knox? 3.2.1. It is now happening on Sirius so I have to leave the screen on at all times while listening. Screen lock override has to be on now, but did not have to be on before. This is really frustrating, maybe someone can help, I am not an expert on these things. In searching around though I see that this problem is not limited to me alone.
Did you make sure those apps are not set for battery optimization?

buzystreamer

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site

Yes, none of these apps are set for battery optimization, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that it is going to be a little more complicated than that and I think Samsung is aware of the problem and does not: A, have a fix, or B, does not care. there are many people complaining of this problem. I have been looking for a solution for a bit now. Hopefully someone here can help. The fact that my Samsung S-4 works perfectly (at least on WiFi as I have no carrier service on my old phone) speaks volumes on the problem being in perhaps a software glitch in the newer S-8s, and S-9s. There are also some complaining of the problem in S-10s. This is why perhaps in the next few months, I will be studying whether the I phones would suit me better even though I would have to really be embarrassed to go in that direction.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yes, none of these apps are set for battery optimization, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that it is going to be a little more complicated than that and I think Samsung is aware of the problem and does not: A, have a fix, or B, does not care. there are many people complaining of this problem. I have been looking for a solution for a bit now. Hopefully someone here can help. The fact that my Samsung S-4 works perfectly (at least on WiFi as I have no carrier service on my old phone) speaks volumes on the problem being in perhaps a software glitch in the newer S-8s, and S-9s. There are also some complaining of the problem in S-10s. This is why perhaps in the next few months, I will be studying whether the I phones would suit me better even though I would have to really be embarrassed to go in that direction.
It's got be a setting somewhere in the app to allow background activity , s4 didn't have these type of features that's why it's not having a problem

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it has to do with optimization. This is exactly what was happening when my app was being put to sleep, which is different than optimization. Please confirm that you've also checked that the app isn't listed under device care, device health on some devices, as one set to be put to sleep.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I don't think it has to do with optimization. This is exactly what was happening when my app was being put to sleep, which is different than optimization. Please confirm that you've also checked that the app isn't listed under device care, device health on some devices, as one set to be put to sleep.
That would normally happen if a app is not in use much then system will put to sleep

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Allow background activity for those apps, also no power saving modes like medium setting , or try high performance mode Screenshot_20191119-235117_Settings.jpeg

buzystreamer

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site

I am following all your suggestions Mustang thank you for your suggestions, still however looking for a solution. Until Samsung chimes in and acknowledges the problem, and a solution, or 9 months pass and I can dump this phone I believe I an stuck.
On a happier note, do you drive a Mustang?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I am following all your suggestions Mustang thank you for your suggestions, still however looking for a solution. Until Samsung chimes in and acknowledges the problem, and a solution, or 9 months pass and I can dump this phone I believe I an stuck.
On a happier note, do you drive a Mustang?
I do

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary