My Messenger ignored updates for the last weeks; they just couldn't install, so I tried to uninstall the app. When I tried to install it again though, the same classic error (App cannot be installed or something like that) appeared and sent me to a web page where some possible solutions were listed. I tried all of them, even the advanced list. Nothing works. The app was functioning normally before this appeared. I am using HTC One M7, Android v5.0.2.
    Thank you for any help.
    11-18-2019 02:01 AM
    Google Play never refers you to third party web pages. Where are you downloading the app from? It's likely your device is now too old to run Messenger.
    11-18-2019 04:52 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-18-2019 07:56 AM
    I agree you have a old Android system , only going be issue like your experiencing
    11-18-2019 07:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It's possible that you don't have enough free storage to install the app. Try deleting some unused apps, cached data and old media files and see if it works. Also, you could try installing the Lite version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...facebook.mlite
    tube517 likes this.
    11-18-2019 08:04 AM