My Samsung crown j7 has lost some functionality in that I cant see the time or use the home button. In addition, the phone does not lock when powered off. I have used several different methods of restarting my phone but none have fixed the issue. I even attempted to factory reset the device through the settings but the keyboard for me to enter my pen would not appear. At this point, I can't think of any way to fix the phone. For reference, I'm not the most tech-savvy person so there may be ways of fixing this issue that I have yet to find. I'd rather not have to get a new phone for who knows what reason. I should also mention that this problem happened after my phone recommended that I restart it every so often. I restarted it and when it turned back on the problems that I mentioned all came into effect at once. Please, someone, help me to fix this problem.
    11-20-2019 05:25 PM
    1. You don't have to restart a phone "every so often". I turn mine off at night, but I have had a phone running for a week or more (charging it when it needed charging), and - remember, a phone is just a small computer - I've had one computer running for 6 years and almost 8 moths now without restarting. (You don't normally restart any computer unless there's a reason for it, like a hardware change, or power failure.)

2. About the only thing I can suggest is either [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN).
    11-20-2019 06:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this still happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30290
    11-23-2019 02:22 AM