i have a Samsung A7 2017 model phone which is locked and keyboard is not working on lock screen and i know my password but keyboard is not appearing or showing on what should i do and i do not want to lose my data .
    can you help?
    11-21-2019 02:43 AM
    You can connect a USB keyboard as an alternative
    11-21-2019 06:02 AM
    I'm not sure if 2017 models shipped with the dongle that allows a full sized USB to be connected to your device. If so then Galactic Zoo's suggestion may work. If not I would try starting the device in Safe Mode and see if you get your keyboard back. Of course either of these just get you into the device but what to do next? Personally I would backup, save, transfer anything important and then begin diagnosing the problem. We can help once we know more.

To reply to this thread please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    11-21-2019 06:48 AM
    I don't think this will solve your problem, but it won't hurt anything to try. Power your phone completely off (not just screen off). Press and hold, at the same time, the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. Hold them until you see the word "Samsung," then release all the buttons immediately. This will cause your phone to boot into recovery. (If it boots to the lock screen, you released the buttons a little bit too early or too late. Just power off and try again.)

You should see a menu of options. Use the volume up or down buttons to highlight the one that says Clear Cache, then press the power button. Then select reboot, and press the power button again. If you can enter the password after this, GREAT!

If you can't, I'm afraid the only way to fix it is likely to be a factory reset. Do the same as above, but instead of selecting Clear Cache select Factory Reset. This will, unfortunately, completely wipe any data, not on a removable SD card. If you contacts, mail and calendar entries are synced with Google, they'll be restored later, and all your apps will reinstall from the play store, but anything else you haven't separately backed up will be lost.
    11-21-2019 07:09 AM