My current S Charger Cover (EP-CG900IBA) has been ruined. I cannot seem to find any online for replacement to purchase.

I'm not looking at the after-market qi chargers that fit on the contacts under the original case. I don't know the difference in what I'm looking at.

Some of the qi pads are 2 contacts and some are 3 contacts. But the phone has 5 contacts and the S Charger Cover touched all 5 contacts. (I haven't found one that touches all 5 contacts as of yet.)

Which qi pad version should I be looking at, 2 or 3?
    11-25-2019 03:23 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-25-2019 09:17 AM
    11-25-2019 09:18 AM
    I found my old account information and was able to log in.

Here's what I had:
    Difference in qi charger contacts (Samsung Galaxy s5, SM-G900T)-s-charger.png

Here are two samples of the kinds of Qi chargers I'm looking to buy:
    Difference in qi charger contacts (Samsung Galaxy s5, SM-G900T)-qi-2-point.png

Difference in qi charger contacts (Samsung Galaxy s5, SM-G900T)-qi-3-point.png
    11-25-2019 10:15 AM
    I found my old account information and was able to log in.

Here's what I had:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s charger.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	313508

Here are two samples of the kinds of Qi chargers I'm looking to buy:

Name:	qi 2-point.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	313509

Name:	qi 3-point.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	702.0 KB 
ID:	313510
    Can you take your back cover off and see the contact
    11-25-2019 10:32 AM
    Can you take your back cover off and see the contact
    Looks exactly like this, but a different battery (because I replaced the battery two years ago), and you can see the five contact pins in the upper-left near the camera sensors:

Difference in qi charger contacts (Samsung Galaxy s5, SM-G900T)-samsung-galaxy-s5-back-removed-dsc05770-640x424.jpg

Five years ago, Android Authority reviewed one of the (then) new Qi chargers, which only used two points of contact (screencapped from the review video). I can't find this model for sale anymore, of course.

Difference in qi charger contacts (Samsung Galaxy s5, SM-G900T)-tylt-review-android-authority.jpg
    11-25-2019 10:47 AM
    In your photo I see 4 pins in the phone if that's your photo of the phone
    11-25-2019 10:55 AM
    In your photo I see 4 pins in the phone if that's your photo of the phone
    It's a stock photo, but it is identical to my phone.

The pins are arranged thus:

Most Qi pads I've seen (including the Android Authority video) touch only contacts 4 and 5.

I've also seen some (as above) that would touch contacts 3, 4, and 5.
    11-25-2019 11:08 AM
    It's a stock photo, but it is identical to my phone.

The pins are arranged thus:

Most Qi pads I've seen (including the Android Authority video) touch only contacts 4 and 5.

I've also seen some (as above) that would touch contacts 3, 4, and 5.
    I would ask that question on website you looking at some of them , it's been long time since I had my s5
    11-25-2019 11:36 AM
    2 pins are used for charging. A 3rd pin is used for reading the battery temperature. In almost all cases, the battery temperature doesn't rise high enough to cause a problem. (Charge it under a blanket, of if it's in your back pocket and you're sitting on it, and that's a different matter.) And that's what you're going to get with most aftermarket Qi charge receivers - 3 pins. Look on Amazon - search for s5 qi charging receiver. Some of them are "plug into the USB port", but there are a few "install inside the phone" type. I've been using one that has 2 pins (something like your first picture of the type you're looking to buy) for a few years, and it works fine, but a 3 pin one will too.

Or this one on eBay for under $2 shipped.https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Qkly-eSv
    scrubofthegalaxy likes this.
    11-25-2019 02:58 PM
    2 pins are used for charging. A 3rd pin is used for reading the battery temperature. In almost all cases, the battery temperature doesn't rise high enough to cause a problem. (Charge it under a blanket, of if it's in your back pocket and you're sitting on it, and that's a different matter.) And that's what you're going to get with most aftermarket Qi charge receivers - 3 pins. Look on Amazon - search for s5 qi charging receiver. Some of them are "plug into the USB port", but there are a few "install inside the phone" type. I've been using one that has 2 pins (something like your first picture of the type you're looking to buy) for a few years, and it works fine, but a 3 pin one will too.

Or this one on eBay for under $2 shipped.https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=MU5Xle33
    Thank you very much. That's the difference I needed to learn.

I think I'll invest in a 3-pin charger ("invest" being a strong word, because of how cheap they are) for the battery sensing, because even during normal operation my phone sometimes runs a little hot. I hope that'll fix itself after I load a new/different ROM... but that's for another thread someday.
    11-25-2019 06:43 PM