Blocked numbers are showing up on my 'Recents' call list

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have blocked the phone number of a real person (not a call center). I think this person has some social/mental health issues as they have phoned me about once a day for the past month. I have not answered/replied to a single one of these calls.

All of these calls are showing up on my 'Recents' tab in my call app. Is there any way to hide the calls from this number so that I'm not constantly reminded that I've got some [deletion] persistently calling me.

This is on a Samsung A5 with Android version 8.0.0

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In order to block the call, the phone has to wait until the callerID comes in - and that happens between the first and second rings. So the phone rings once, then it's blocked. But it shows.

If you're really certain that you never want to get calls from this number again, call your carrier and ask if they can block specific numbers. (Some will, some won't.) If they can, give them the number and you'll never get a call from (him/her/it) again. (The central office waits for the callerID and, if it's that number, just ignores it - you never get a ring. If it's another number, it sends you a ring, the callerID, more rings, until you accept or reject the call or let it go to voicemail.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781