I am considering updating my phone to a Moto G7 Power. It has a USB c port for charging and data transfer. It also doubles as a USB 2.0 port for OTG flash drives. Trouble is you can't do both simultaneously. I'm looking for an adapter or Y cable, that will plug in to the USB c port on the phone on one end, and on the other two ends (if a Y cable), one leg would be a USB c female to plug in the charger, and on the other leg, a USB 2.0 female to plug in the USB OTG drive. It could be regular USB 2.0 or micro 2.0. Possibly a hub that can perform the same function.
    If there is anyone out the that knows of such a cable or adapter, I would appreciate being told about it, and where I could purchase one.
    Thank you,
    Robert
    11-27-2019 09:34 PM
    I'll see if @Javier P might know something
    11-27-2019 10:06 PM
    If the phone is in OTG (USB host) mode, the power pins are outputs to power the device that's plugged in (a flash drive requires power). If it's not in OTG (USB client) mode, the power pins are inputs, to charge the phone. You can't take power out of the same pins you put power into. (Maybe some time in the future, now that phones have USB-C connectors, they'll develop a scheme to both run OTG mode and charge the phone. But not yet.
    11-28-2019 04:03 PM
    Thanks Mustang. I appreciate that.
    11-28-2019 10:05 PM
    Thanks Mustang. I appreciate that.
    Your welcome!

I talk to him earlier and wasn't aware of one .
    But I found this, don't know if this what your looking for.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...%2F23023350786
    11-28-2019 10:19 PM
    Thanks Rukbat,

I figure that was the case

Robert
    11-28-2019 10:59 PM
    Hey Mustang,

I found this hub at Walmart and somewhere else I can't remember.

I will provide the link below so you can check it out.

If my thinking is correct, I imagine the type c Port that I can plug the charger cable into and then you see it has a 3.1 USB port and two USB 200 ports.
    Now, the end that they showed that is plugging into the laptop I think it should work if I was to plug that into the phone charger / USB 2.0 Port.. the charger with supply power to both the phone and the USB drive, and I figured that the data lines from the USB to a flash drive would be able to go in independently. Please take a look at the item if you would I would appreciate it and see if you can come up with the same conclusion that I did as stated above.

The link:. https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/6...gaAnYsEALw_wcB
    Thanks
    Robert
    11-29-2019 09:52 AM
    Hey Mustang,

I found this hub at Walmart and somewhere else I can't remember.

I will provide the link below so you can check it out.

If my thinking is correct, I imagine the type c Port that I can plug the charger cable into and then you see it has a 3.1 USB port and two USB 200 ports.
    Now, the end that they showed that is plugging into the laptop I think it should work if I was to plug that into the phone charger / USB 2.0 Port.. the charger with supply power to both the phone and the USB drive, and I figured that the data lines from the USB to a flash drive would be able to go in independently. Please take a look at the item if you would I would appreciate it and see if you can come up with the same conclusion that I did as stated above.

The link:. https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/6...gaAnYsEALw_wcB
    Thanks
    Robert
    I'm not sure if it will work , if it's cheap you can try and if it doesn't you wont be out crazy amount of money .
    11-29-2019 10:34 AM