Full Backup twrp to pc direct

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I have an issue... Need help !!!

Have a oneplus one, LineageOS 15.1, twrp 3.3.1.0

Need to make full backup, but no enough free memory. Try to twrp direct to pc(win 10)

Did adb device, and I see my phone..OK

But when I try:
adb backup --twrp

Did not work. Shows back a error:

adb unable to connect for backup: device '(null)' not found

I DO NIT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT... :-(

need help !!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't run TWRP from adb, it's in the recovery partition, not the Android partition.

If the phone doesn't have an SD card slot, you'll just have to clear up some internal storage. (If it does, back up to the SD card.) Remember, only back up data, and don't run Tipatch unless you have loads of backup space. (If you did, reinstall TWRP and don't apply Tipatch.)

If you want backups of anything else (system doesn't need a backup, you can download it from the Lineage site), back up your data, copy the backup folder to the PC, delete it on the phone, back up EFS, or whatever else you're backing up, copy that to the PC, delete it from the phone, etc. (If you're backing up more than data, create a folder in your Backup folder [on the PC] named with the date of the backup. Then put all the backups, the sdcard contents, anything else you're backing up, in that dated folder. I do that any month I'm backing up anything new - and with a Pixel, that's an update, so a backup, every month. I'll be doing one this Monday or Tuesday. And I still have at least the TWRP data backup going back to the one I made before I set the phone up. [2TB data drive n the PC, so plenty of room to keep backups.])

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty