My mom's phone somehow got a new crappy theme and settings installed on her Galaxy S8. It removed all of the folders I set up for her in the app settings pull down at the bottom of the screen, and it made all of her app icons really small. I've tried resetting settings through restoring a past update, tried resetting it to "default theme" in the phones options and nothing is working. Do any of you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
    11-29-2019 07:20 PM
    If you go into theme store should show your default theme . I leave a link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you cant .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-29-2019 10:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register first.
    11-29-2019 11:19 PM
    Here are the screenshots as requested. I have tried going into "themes"and picking "default theme" but it doesn't change anything. It's like my default theme has changed somehow. I logged in after I posted the question. Not sure why it hasn't updated it.
    Attached Thumbnails How can i retrieve my former theme and settings for my galaxy s8?-screenshot_20191129-201942_recipes-home.jpg   How can i retrieve my former theme and settings for my galaxy s8?-screenshot_20191129-201956_recipes-home.jpg   How can i retrieve my former theme and settings for my galaxy s8?-screenshot_20191203-131336_recipes-home.jpg  
    12-03-2019 12:20 PM
    Notice the other options outside of "hide icons"are gone as well. No "sort by" or any other options are available any longer.
    12-03-2019 12:22 PM
    Here are the screenshots as requested. I have tried going into "themes"and picking "default theme" but it doesn't change anything. It's like my default theme has changed somehow. I logged in after I posted the question. Not sure why it hasn't updated it.
    Do the same for icons
    12-03-2019 12:24 PM
    Did the phone just recently update to Android Pie (9.0)?

Also, make sure it's not running a different launcher. Go to the system settings menu and search for "Home," then see which launchers are listed as available. The fact that there's a "Sponsored Apps" bar in the App Drawer makes me think you're running a 3rd party launcher.
    12-03-2019 01:24 PM
    Did the phone just recently update to Android Pie (9.0)?

Also, make sure it's not running a different launcher. Go to the system settings menu and search for "Home," then see which launchers are listed as available. The fact that there's a "Sponsored Apps" bar in the App Drawer makes me think you're running a 3rd party launcher.
    Yes that looks like a launcher installed , Samsung stock app drawer don't have that
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-03-2019 01:28 PM
    That looks like a third party launcher. I noticed the DU Caller app on the home screen. All DU apps were removed from the Play Store due to shady practices. I'd recommend you to uninstall any app by those devs.
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 01:33 PM
    I noticed the DU Caller app on the home screen
    Good catch! Kill that with fire.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-03-2019 01:37 PM
    Good catch! Kill that with fire.
    And by fire we mean:

- Switch back to the Home app.
    - Go to settings - security - device administrator and make sure that no funny app is checked in there.
    - Time to kill apps. Go to settings - apps - select DU Caller - force stop - clear data - uninstall.
    - Repeat this process for any app by DU or similar devs.

Tell us which launcher was set as default.
    12-03-2019 01:43 PM
    And by fire we mean:

- Switch back to the Home app.
    - Go to settings - security - device administrator and make sure that no funny app is checked in there.
    - Time to kill apps. Go to settings - apps - select DU Caller - force stop - clear data - uninstall.
    - Repeat this process for any app by DU or similar devs.

Tell us which launcher was set as default.
    Thank you all for the help. I found out an app she had installed took over her background and theme. It was called recipe home or something like that. I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal, though I did have to reset up all of her folders I had previously set up.... I found it by clicking settings in the pull down app menu and saw the app name listed above the settings menu.

They really need to remove apps tl like that!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-03-2019 03:06 PM
    That looks like a third party launcher. I noticed the DU Caller app on the home screen. All DU apps were removed from the Play Store due to shady practices. I'd recommend you to uninstall any app by those devs.
    She uses it as a spam call blocker and identifier. Can you suggest a decent one of those she can switch to?
    12-04-2019 04:52 PM
    She uses it as a spam call blocker and identifier. Can you suggest a decent one of those she can switch to?
    I always use the dialer app that comes with the phone, not sure how the phone app works on the S8.
    12-04-2019 04:59 PM
    Which carrier is she on? They might have some kind of spam filter feature at the carrier level, or possibly their own spam blocking app.
    12-04-2019 06:21 PM
    Which carrier is she on? They might have some kind of spam filter feature at the carrier level, or possibly their own spam blocking app.
    She was on Sprint, but we left their crappy butts for Xfinity. (I don't like them either, but they were over $100 cheaper a month)
    12-09-2019 04:19 PM
    Xfinity Mobile recommends Hiya, but I don't know how well they work: http://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppor...lock-robocalls
    12-09-2019 07:05 PM