Sometimes I cannot download an app through Google Play Store because of reasons. Therefore, the best solution is to download and install the apk file of this app instead. However, how to check whether this apk file is safe or not?
    can you help me with this problem? I always scare that my phone will be hacked by viruses and junks from threat.
    11-29-2019 09:21 PM
    There are very few reasons the app wouldn't be available for you from the Play Store -

Not available in your region. There's a reason for this and there may be an issue with you going around that.
    Not compatible with your device. I suppose you could use an APK site to get around this, but chances are that the app still won't work right on your device.
    The app is a paid one and the APK is a way around paying for the app. This one speaks for itself...

All that said - the Play Store is the safest place to get apps, followed by Amazon. After that, it's a toss-up. For sure I wouldn't be seeking out paid apps on 3rd-party sites. One thing they do is inject ads or other malware into those apps.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2019 10:23 PM
    If it's for a legitimate reason (and the 2nd and 3rd in hallux' post aren't, the first one [your government won't allow it, or it has security code that the US doesn't allow exported] is personally dangerous), change the file to .zip rather than .apk (because that's what it really is) so your antivirus programs have a way of checking them. If they're okay, rename them back to .apk and use them. If they're not, or they get quarantined, you'll be saved.
    11-30-2019 01:49 PM
    one of the best ways to tell if a site is safe or not, if it offers free apk files that you got to pay for on the play store, then stay away from that site. who knows what was included in the modified apk file.
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-30-2019 02:32 PM