12-01-2019 05:45 PM
32 12
tools
    1. Mobile Networks shouldn't be greyed out.

2. AT&T can't "relock" the phone.

3. The IMEI doesn't just disappear - something went wrong with the phone. Since the serial number is probably still there, AT&T could, if you get friendly enough with a manager, look up the IMEI and rewrite it to the phone.

4. You've got me as to how it "relocked" - I don't think that's the case. I think something just glitched and the IMEI got wiped. The phone won't work after that, except for 911 calls. (112 calls in the EU.)
    11-30-2019 11:41 PM
    I went back and looked at some of your posts. I'm not sure that Mobile Networks should be greyed out even if it were carrier locked. You should still be able to get into the setting.
    It same way when you take your sim card out and try to access mobile data settings you can't , so means couple things can't read sim because not unlocked or it's black listed some how some way ..be interesting if OP can get their hands on a Att sim see if it works then will definitely know it's locked .
    11-30-2019 11:42 PM
    It same way when you take your sim card out and try to access mobile data settings you can't , so means couple things can't read sim because not unlocked or it's black listed some how some way ..be interesting if OP can get their hands on a Att sim see if it works then will definitely know it's locked .
    I've been able to get into mobile settings without a SIM in the past. I had to do it to configure an APN setting prior to putting in a Mint SIM. Coincidentally it was an LG V20. I still have it stashed away somewhere to test it but if I get a chance I'll dig it up and try it.

Now you're making think....I wonder if it's the SIM reader on the OPs V20 that's borked.
    11-30-2019 11:48 PM
    I've been able to get into mobile settings without a SIM in the past. I had to do it to configure an APN setting prior to putting in a Mint SIM. Coincidentally it was an LG V20. I still have it stashed away somewhere to test it but if I get a chance I'll dig it up and try it.

Now you're making think....I wonder if it's the SIM reader on the OPs V20 that's borked.
    Anything possible at this point , just got find out from Att see what they say and move on from that to next step
    12-01-2019 12:18 AM
    Wow this is eye opener. So I went to Newegg site and learned that company sells former carrier locked devices as carrier unlocked both new and used. Newegg does also sell factory unlocked as well. Carrier unlocked for me has been ???? since updates don’t flow through once carrier has been changed to any other than intended variant.

My first step would be to contact Newegg and request to be unlocked again. I wouldn’t be surprised if you inserted AT&T SIM to push through updates, either OS upgrade or Security updates which then possibly relocked the phone.
    12-01-2019 10:20 AM
    Wow this is eye opener. So I went to Newegg site and learned that company sells former carrier locked devices as carrier unlocked both new and used. Newegg does also sell factory unlocked as well. Carrier unlocked for me has been ???? since updates don’t flow through once carrier has been changed to any other than intended variant.

My first step would be to contact Newegg and request to be unlocked again. I wouldn’t be surprised if you inserted AT&T SIM to push through updates, either OS upgrade or Security updates which then possibly relocked the phone.
    Theres nothing consistent any more. Some new carrier branded devices are unlocked but Verizon locks theirs down for about 60 days after purchase. I've never heard of a carrier relocking a phone, but I guess its possible.
    12-01-2019 05:36 PM
    They can relock a phone but doing it after 2 years , that I never heard but like you said nothing consistent and anything possible .
    But rukbat #4 statement could be a possibility.
    12-01-2019 05:45 PM
32 12