i can not voice type and my google keyboard is disabled android. i have a password i have to put in to unlock my Android TCL and i cant figure out how to enable my keyboard from my lock screen
    11-30-2019 10:34 PM
    Can check in settings >apps > then menu for disabled apps , check there. I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-30-2019 10:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that the OP can't get to the system settings since they're stuck on the lockscreen. You can try plugging in a basic USB keyboard via OTG adapter and use that to enter your lockscreen password. Once you've unlocked the screen, then follow mustang7757's steps.
    mustang7757 and Rukbat like this.
    12-01-2019 12:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that the OP can't get to the system settings since they're stuck on the lockscreen. You can try plugging in a basic USB keyboard via OTG adapter and use that to enter your lockscreen password. Once you've unlocked the screen, then follow mustang7757's steps.
    Good point didn't realize they stuck on lock screen lol
    12-01-2019 12:34 AM
    We used to be able to install apps from play.google.com, but that doesn't work any more. I've told a lot of people to just install any keyboard that way (with a PC), unlock the screen, enable the keyboard they want as the default, and uninstall the one they just installed. The more things improve, the worse they get.
    12-01-2019 04:20 PM
    We used to be able to install apps from play.google.com, but that doesn't work any more. I've told a lot of people to just install any keyboard that way (with a PC), unlock the screen, enable the keyboard they want as the default, and uninstall the one they just installed. The more things improve, the worse they get.
    It still works for me (i.e., going to the Play Store website on my computer, selecting an app, clicking Install, then selecting the device to install to. But the problem would be trying to access the Settings>Language menu to select that newly installed keyboard as the default -- I'm not sure if it would automatically set itself as default, even with the stock keyboard app disabled.
    12-01-2019 05:28 PM
    The last time I tried installing anything from the site it said it was installing it, but it never did. I'll have to try again. (Update - I just tried it with CLI launcher. Nada. Maybe it takes a while. I'll find out.)
    12-01-2019 05:31 PM
    Just tried on my 3 XL running 10 -- had no problem with the remote installation.
    12-01-2019 05:39 PM