Saving Pics to Gallery

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use to be able to save facebook, facebook messenger and pictures I recieved through text to my gallery. Now all of a sudden, the pictures aren't saved there anymore... Can someone share some light on how to get that back on my S10 plus?... Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Gallery isn't a 'place' or storage location on your device, it's just a 'gateway' to show all picture/video media stored anywhere else. If you can still save images from apps onto your phone, make sure the Gallery is set to show all folders and you're not only looking at a specific one (the Camera folder, for instance).

Also, if the folder you save the pictures to has a 'No Media' file in there for whatever reason, this would tell the Gallery that any media inside it should not be displayed. Also check that the folder you're saving to isn't set to 'Hidden' or has been moved to a Secure Folder location.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And ... Gallery shows whatever is listed in the Media Scan database - which is only updated for media-type things, like taking pictures. It's also updated if you restart the phone or if you run an app like media.Re.Scan. It's not updated by downloading things (which is what Facebook, Facebook messenger and text are doing).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34