Today I've encountered an unusual problem on my S9+. I've just installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.negentwee&hl=en and used it for a while, but then after several minutes suddenly the app froze and screen went black. The strangest part of it is that the system was still working and virtual back/home/recents buttons were still visible and clickable (I could see the button click animation), but were unresponsive (e.g. the home button wasn't taking me to home screen), so I couldn't move away from this black screen. I've been able to restart the phone in a regular way (turn off/restart system UI was visible and clickable) and after that the phone behaves correctly.

While the problem occured only once and was easily solved by phone restart, I'm a little bit worried. Could it be caused by sofware/hardware malfunction or malware ? 9292 is a popular and widely used app, yet one hears about malware hidden in popular apps all the time. I've never seen my phone not reacting to home button before. Should I worry about that ?
    12-01-2019 03:21 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Most recent reviews for that app are very negative reporting some serious problems similar to what you are having.

I'd uninstall it for now and wait until they push an update fixing those problems.
    12-01-2019 03:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-01-2019 04:00 PM
    That app doesn't have a great rating , uninstall that see how it goes.
    12-01-2019 04:08 PM