Thinking of buying Pixel 3a from Best Buy/any pitfalls?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone,
I have a Nexus 6P and it's time for an upgrade :) I noticed some great pricing on Pixel 3a/XL versions at BB this weekend but the store was so crowded I couldn't get anyone's help to answer some basic questions!
I've always bought my phones directly at my Verizon store and this would be the first time buying at a BB (if I do pull the trigger).
Is there any con issues about upgrading at a Best Buy store vs. Verizon store? The BB price is $329 if you do the "activate now" with new or $379 for unlocked, take it/activate later (ie. transfer my Nexus 6P sim to Pixel 3a).

Does anything get "renewed" or "restarted" at Verizon or everything is seamless and life just goes on as normal and I get a great deal at BB? :) lol.

Thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Both places will usually sit down with you and help you transfer your account, contacts, photos and all of that stuff from one device to the other. I do think Best Buy is a little more pushy about this than Verizon.

I have done both, bought from Best Buy and Verizon. Both are pretty seamless. There are a couple of things to consider however. If like your plan and want to keep it, none of the discounts or pricing is being offered by Verizon and you plan to buy the device, Best Buy all the way. A lot of times if you buy from Verizon their pricing is some kind of deal or discount that is only available if you change "upgrade" your plan. They'll say that they can't activate a new device on a plan they no longer offer or something like that. Best Buy can offer some of these discounts too so just be sure you can just activate the device without making changes if that's what you want to do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing to watch out for is to not buy one branded by Verizon. They permanently lock the bootloader, and you may need to unlock it some day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc