Note 9 clicking sounds recently?

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 after I restart it and it comes to the pattern unlock screen there is a clicking sound.
This is the second time it's happened.

I can't say I've heard this sound on the main home screen but its been so far in between the incidents that I can't be certain.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 9 Clicking Sounds

I'm assuming that this sound is coming from the speaker and not the vibrator motor or anything like that, correct?

Can you cause it to happen? Since Samsung sends you little reminders to restart your device every 7 days does it happen every time you restart the device? Can you cause this to happen by restarting the device two or three times back to back?

When you say restart, do you mean that you are using the "restart" option or does it also happen when you power the device off and back on? Do you ever power the device off and then turn it back on, not using the restart option?

I have a feeling that it is like an unfinished clip from a video or a music track and you're just getting a blip when the device powers up, but I'm not sure. To test this close all apps from your multi-tasking page by selecting "close all" at the bottom. Then power the device off, not restart, and then back on again. Let us know if you get the sound. Then I would like you to try the same thing, closing all of the apps, and trying to restart the device with the restart method.

To reply to this thread please use mustang7757's link to register an account here at AC.

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

The sound appears to be coming from the bottom speakers of the phone.
I cannot force it to happen.
It doesn't happen on every restart.
Yes using the restart option on the phone. I press and hold down the power button and press restart.

I have not seen or heard it happen when shutting down the phone. I don't usually use the shut down feature if I plan on using my phone...

I tend to make sure all my apps are closed when restarting if not then I make sure nothing is playing when I restart.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is there anything near the phone that might be causing RF interference?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

The sound appears to be coming from the bottom speakers of the phone.
I cannot force it to happen.
It doesn't happen on every restart.
Yes using the restart option on the phone. I press and hold down the power button and press restart.

I have not seen or heard it happen when shutting down the phone. I don't usually use the shut down feature if I plan on using my phone...

I tend to make sure all my apps are closed when restarting if not then I make sure nothing is playing when I restart.
Hi, welcome!
So you have to press to hear it ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree with testing it in Safe Mode. If it never clicks in Safe Mode, then some app you installed is probably generating the sound. The tedious part would be narrowing things down -- you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the click finally disappeared to figure out which app was responsible.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi @WatchMeAsIExplode, took a moment to move you to the Note 9 subforum, and give you ownership of this thread by editing the Original Post (OP) which gives you count credit for it. Sorry you're having an issue, especially with the Note 9, my current "ride" too.

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I agree with testing it in Safe Mode. If it never clicks in Safe Mode, then some app you installed is probably generating the sound. The tedious part would be narrowing things down -- you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the click finally disappeared to figure out which app was responsible.

I don't have a lot of apps installed.

Chrome, Firefox, Hangouts, Gmail, Twitter, Starbucks.
Maybe one or two of those is preinstalled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol