I run a small Pro Boards forum and a lot of users including myself are having issues opening / playing either embedded or direct links to MP4 and other video files on the net. For example if you look at this thread I can play the video fine on my Windows laptop but it just as a broken white square if I try and play it on my Android phone. (Forum wont let me post the link)

Here is the actual video link. It wont play on my phone either so I dont think its an issue with the forum. EDIT: it wont let me post this link either ,says its spam.

However if I email that link to myself and tell Android to open it in VLC player rather than Chrome it works fine on my phone.

Anyone got any ideas? I have users that have the same problem on other devices such as Kindles.
    12-03-2019 06:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You need to register in order to post links (and even then, they might be flagged by the forum software as potential spam): Join the Android Central Community! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Have you tried using a different browser besides Chrome?
    12-03-2019 11:44 AM
    I tried to post this earlier today but it seems to have disappeared.

I run a small forum and lately members are having issues playing various embedded or even externally linked video clips such as MP4 files. You just get a window where the video should be and a broken white square in the middle.

Seems to have got much worse in the last two weeks

Any ideas?
    12-03-2019 12:05 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    12-03-2019 12:09 PM