How do I delete ringtones from the settings list?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Android UMX phone. I just installed a recording to use as my ringtone and accidentally tapped it twice which created a copy of it. I then tried to delete the copy and ended up creating a 3rd ringtone. How do I delete these extra ringtone files from the list in settings?

Jennifer987

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I am pretty sure that was one of the first things I tried (the 3 dots) and I did not see any option to delete ringtones. However, I did figure out how to do it by connecting my phone to my laptop and enabling file transfer. I could open the files on the phone and then delete them using the laptop. For some reason, I can't do it without the laptop.
And thank you for letting me know to sign up for an account. I did just that. This forum is bound to come in handy in the future. My phone does a lot of crazy things :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I am pretty sure that was one of the first things I tried (the 3 dots) and I did not see any option to delete ringtones. However, I did figure out how to do it by connecting my phone to my laptop and enabling file transfer. I could open the files on the phone and then delete them using the laptop. For some reason, I can't do it without the laptop.
And thank you for letting me know to sign up for an account. I did just that. This forum is bound to come in handy in the future. My phone does a lot of crazy things :)
Welcome Jennifer !
You can go to your file manager are erase the ringtones and then download again .
This is a awesome Forum community! Glad you registered

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If this happens again, try also using a file manager app to look directly in the directory called /Ringtones and see if there are multiple copies of the sound file there.

Jennifer987

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Oh my gosh, I just checked out file manager and there it was plain and simple. I could select files and delete them. For some reason I hadn't looked at that app because I guess I got sidetracked with other things and forgot about it. Live and learn! :)
Thank you B.Diddy (I'm a fellow Misty!) and Mustang7757.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not a problem glad we could help!
Oh my gosh, I just checked out file manager and there it was plain and simple. I could select files and delete them. For some reason I hadn't looked at that app because I guess I got sidetracked with other things and forgot about it. Live and learn! :)
Thank you B.Diddy (I'm a fellow Misty!) and Mustang7757.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae