Can I use my Pixel 2 XL on Spectrum Mobile?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Spectrum Mobile allows you to BYOD. They do accept the Pixel 3 series by not the 2 series. That said, what if I pop a Spectrum SIM into my Pixel 2 XL? Is this a marketing ploy by Spectrum to get you to purchase a new device? Will my Verizon-purchased 2 XL actually work on Spectrum's network? Has anyone successfully tried this?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Spectrum uses Verizon's network, they are what is called an MVNO or Mobile Virtual Network Operator. I don't see why it WOULDN'T work, unless they only approve certain devices.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Exit15W

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Hallux, thanks. I just joined the site. The OP was mine. I don't expect a Spectrum rep is going to tell me my 2 XL will work. The only way to find out is to pop in a SIM. I would have to tell them I'm using a device like a Pixel 3 series in order to get a SIM. I'm wondering whether anyone who has Spectrum mobile has already tried something like this? Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I just checked, it says the Verizon Pixel 2 XL is not compatible. The FAQ says the primary reason a device is listed as not compatible is that different networks use different technologies, except my understanding is that Spectrum Mobile USES VERIZON! A Verizon OR an unlocked Pixel 2 XL should work on Spectrum, they both support all networks used in the US.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
When I called Spectrum to inquire about their mobile service, I was told that I would HAVE to buy a phone from them an no other devices were compatible with their network.

ctbrowncoat

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I’m in the same boat. Looking online it looks like they won’t support my paid-for pixel 2 which I currently use on Verizon. Would love to use it on spectrum. Anyone had luck using a pixel 2 on spectrum? Maybe I should just bring it to a spectrum store and see if they can pop in a sim to see if it works. If it works I can’t imagine they’d turn me away.

jayms5

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
No you can't. I had an iPhone to start with and switched over to a Pixel 2, everything worked fine for until recently, more than 2 years. It stopped working the other day, I called in and they said it's not compatible. From what I surmise, they made it incompatible once the system found out I had a Pixel 2. The tech's immediate solution was to sell me another phone. It's not that they can't, but rather they won't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888