how to update system

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

About tablet says android 5.1.1 is installed. Update service says up to date. Cannot get to install Marshmallow 6.0/6.1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Which update service - one in a particular app, or the phone system itself? If the phone says you should update it, either look in Settings > About Phone for Update, or it will eventually update by itself (but I doubt that anything would be updating to Marshmallow in 2019).

If it's an app, run Play, go to that app, and there should be an Update button. Update it.

CDG51

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi B Diddy, Thanks for reply.

Tablet is Nexus 7 2013. Have had problems with several apps ‘not responding’. Therefore thought updating OS might help. According to search Marshmallow is most recent supported on Nexus 7.

But as I mentioned it doesn’t show up when I select system update in settings.
I would appreciate any assistance.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi B Diddy, Thanks for reply.

Tablet is Nexus 7 2013. Have had problems with several apps ‘not responding’. Therefore thought updating OS might help. According to search Marshmallow is most recent supported on Nexus 7.

But as I mentioned it doesn’t show up when I select system update in settings.
I would appreciate any assistance.

you did not give the full model of the phone. not all Nexus's can be updated. see the following. make sure you download the exact version for your specific phone model.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-install-ota-updates-on-google-nexus-devices/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC