I'm using a samsung A7 (2018) phone and I keep some photos private by adding them to Samsung "secure folder" it's locked with a pin code. I want to know what are the chances of anyone hacking this folder? And what can I do to secure these photos to the optimal level? (I can move them to a flashdrive but I'm keeping that as a last resort)
    12-07-2019 05:21 PM
    If it's a 4 digit PIN, 1 chance in 1,000 of getting the number at random. At the rate of 1 per second, that's less than 30 minutes.
    12-09-2019 10:10 PM
    so this can happen if and only if, someone gets to handle my phone? it can't be hacked remotely?
    12-09-2019 10:17 PM
    Do you have national secrets, are you a defense contractor, what about millions or billions of dollars? Then you are pretty safe against random attacks. If you had/have a jealous or jilted significant other they might want to know what you are up to. Even with physical access to the device opening or unlocking the device isn't as easy as entering codes until it opens. There are safe guards in place for multiple wrong attempts and forced resets. The truth is the only people likely to break into your phone or even try are law enforcement, which would probably mean that they would have you and your phone in custody and warrants for both.

Now there is a rumor going around that the NSA or FBI, I can't remember which, has software they can remotely send to and install on a device without leaving any trace or needing user permission, but my guess is that would be reserved for the highest of crimes.
    12-09-2019 10:47 PM