In my older phones I could set up speed dialing (i.e. assign a contact to each number on keypad). Just got Moto 3z with Android 8 and don't see such option.
    12-09-2019 10:21 AM
    You can set up favorite in dialer app just as good .I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can't.I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-09-2019 11:04 AM
    mustang7757,
    Yes, I know I can set favorites, but it's not the same as speed dialing used to be. And favorites come with a large circle which I personally find annoying. In addition, to edit a contact you need to use search- if you just scroll and tap-- it dials right away. I was kind of hoping Android gets more convenient, not worse.
    12-09-2019 11:35 AM
    mustang7757,
    Yes, I know I can set favorites, but it's not the same as speed dialing used to be. And favorites come with a large circle which I personally find annoying. In addition, to edit a contact you need to use search- if you just scroll and tap-- it dials right away. I was kind of hoping Android gets more convenient, not worse.
    Welcome to the forums. A possible workaround is having a dedicated screen or a folder with direct dial widgets for those contacts. This way you don't even need to open the dialer app and calls can be placed from your home screen.
    B. Diddy and Rukbat like this.
    12-09-2019 11:45 AM
    mustang7757,
    Yeah not option I see , but can also try Javier method.
    12-09-2019 11:50 AM
    A possible workaround is having a dedicated screen or a folder with direct dial widgets for those contacts.
    Hi, Javier, thank you. Is direct dial widget something I can get from google play? Is there a name for such widget?
    12-09-2019 12:04 PM
    Hi, Javier, thank you. Is direct dial widget something I can get from google play? Is there a name for such widget?
    Try this, long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find Contact/Direct dial - drag it to your screen and select the contact. I think these steps worked with Moto models running Android 8.
    Lzr000 likes this.
    12-09-2019 12:23 PM
    I agree, Direct Dial widgets are the way to go. They should be standard on all Android devices.
    12-09-2019 12:44 PM
    Try this, long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find Contact/Direct dial - drag it to your screen and select the contact. I think these steps worked with Moto models running Android 8.
    Hi, Javier, Yes, it works, thanks.
    12-10-2019 11:05 AM
    Hi, Javier, Yes, it works, thanks.
    Excellent! Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.
    12-10-2019 11:08 AM