How do Samsung users verify the firmware version on your phone?

I have asked Smasung Canada to verify the firmware shown in settings-->about phone-->software information, and they refused, only saying that I should get updates quarterly.

If the software on the phone cannot be verified all that information is useless.
    12-11-2019 03:15 PM
    Yes where you mentioned will tell you the firmware on the device and security patch month
    12-11-2019 03:25 PM
    Exactly what do you mean by "verify the firmware"? Tell you if you have the right version? Run through the entire ROM, generate a hash and compare that to the correct hash? Something else?

Most cellphone users, Samsung or otherwise, don't bother with either of those. When the phone updates, it updates. If it keeps working, they're happy. (99.99% of cellphone users haven't got the vaguest idea of how a cellphone works. "Firmware" is a sound to them - it has no meaning. "Verify" means asking someone to tell you if something is correct - your driver's license, the phone number they have for you, something. It has nothing to do with a cellphone. ["Cellphones are computers? No, they're just phones."])
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-11-2019 05:31 PM
    I am willing to bet the software does its own verification before installing to make sure nothing is corrupted during the download. It is something I would not even worry about.
    12-12-2019 03:44 AM
    What I mean is the Samsung phone clearly states the firmware version. How can user tell if they have the latest version on there phone ? Samsung Canada will not confirm the version so how is a user to know?
    12-12-2019 12:37 PM
    What I mean is the Samsung phone clearly states the firmware version. How can user tell if they have the latest version on there phone ? Samsung Canada will not confirm the version so how is a user to know?
    if you click update and it don't update, then you have the latest version available for that specific phone.
    12-12-2019 12:40 PM
    Or you've tried to update it within 24 hours. If you try to update and there is none, then there is one 23 hours later and you try to update, it's going to say that the phone is up to date. (That's to keep the servers from getting overloaded by people trying to update every 2 minutes because someone got an update.)

Samsung sends security patches 4 times a year, so if your update date is August 13 or later, there probably isn't any patch available. (And once there is, it can take a month before your phone is on the list - unless you can find an update file on XDA, and you do it manually.)
    12-12-2019 04:57 PM
    If you go to sammobile website and enter your model number and country it will give you the latest that's available.
    12-12-2019 05:04 PM