I open an app and it is completely unresponsive for about 15 seconds. Then a horizontal line slowly moves from the top of my screen to the bottom. Reminds me of a flatbed scanner scanning a document or an old screen scrape. This has happened twice now. Once after logging into WhatsApp then after logging into Messenger. My battery is now lasting only a half day instead of 3 days. How can I protect myself?
    12-12-2019 08:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It's unlikely that something is trying to take screenshots secretly and yet making it obvious by some weird scanline appearing. It's otherwise difficult to assess what that might be without actually seeing it happen. If you do happen to catch it on video, post it to YouTube or somewhere similar and share it with us.

In terms of battery life, there are many factors that can contribute to drain, and 99% of them are not related to malware. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    12-12-2019 08:19 PM
    Also, there may be impending hardware failure.
    12-13-2019 03:38 AM