Hey everyone!

I realize that any number of things can affect how fast a phone's battery drains. However, this case feels a bit odd to me.

In the middle of using my phone, it will randomly start hemorrhaging battery percentage. Today, for example, it went from 57% to 32% instantaneously (I was browsing Reddit and had no other apps open), and then lost a percentage point every second or so until it jumped from 15% to 0 and shut itself off. I plugged it in to charge, and once it was charging, it indicated that it was at 57%.

This has happened four times now. The phone will 'die', but the second I plug it in to charge, it will be back to where it was before it died. I can unplug it and use it freely.

It seems as though something responsible for monitoring battery life THINKS it is dying long before it actually does.

My phone is a T-Mobile Revvl, for reference.

Any thoughts?
    12-12-2019 09:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a deteriorating battery. That kind of behavior is fairly common. Make sure all of your important data is synced or backed up somewhere, and consider looking into a battery replacement (or replacing the phone).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-12-2019 09:48 PM