Hi! I have a problem with Huawei y6 2017 (MYA-L11), Android 6.0. Wifi does not connect automatically until I unlock my phone. Example: I am at home connected to house wifi network. Everything works normal. I get out, lose signal and phone disconnects. When I get back home, in signal range, phone doesn't connect to wifi until I unlock the screen. It takes only a few seconds after unlocking to connect but if i forget to unlock the phone it sits there for hours without internet. Once it connects it works perfectly normal until I lose signal again. Can I change this behavior? All settings I know of are correct, keep wifi during sleep is set to always. I tried turning on Wi-Fi+, hard reset the phone but it just wont work...
    12-13-2019 04:39 AM
    Hi. Can you verify that there is not enabled the option to turn off the WiFi when screen goes off? This option doesn't exist on all devices so i'm not sure it exist on yours.
    12-13-2019 08:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, does this happen in Safe Mode? https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-...nto-safe-mode/.

Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party power-saver apps installed?
    12-13-2019 09:33 AM
    @easyjoin
    Yes, there is a setting "Keep wifi during sleep" and it is set to always. Once the phone is connected and within wifi range I can lock it an unlock how many times I want, connection sticks. Problem is when phone loses signal it wont reconnect until I unlock the screen.
    @B. Diddy
    No 3rd party power saver apps. There's battery manager under advanced settings, power plan i set to "Performance", and in there I have "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" set to "always". I'll try safe mode tomorrow and see what happens.
    12-13-2019 05:10 PM
    Also, if there are any preinstalled or 3rd party security apps installed, try uninstalling or disabling them.
    12-13-2019 05:36 PM
    No security apps at all. Only preinstalled app that deals with phone settings is "Phone Manager". Clears junk, cache, RAM, optimize etc. It can't be disabled or uninstalled.
    12-13-2019 06:01 PM
    No security apps at all. Only preinstalled app that deals with phone settings is "Phone Manager". Clears junk, cache, RAM, optimize etc. It can't be disabled or uninstalled.
    This happens only on your wifi if it gets disconnected? Is your home WiFi saved under saved network in wifi settings?
    12-13-2019 07:20 PM
    No security apps at all. Only preinstalled app that deals with phone settings is "Phone Manager". Clears junk, cache, RAM
    I doubt very much that an app that "clears RAM" comes with the phone and can't be disabled. Android doesn't want RAM cleared. It wants as many apps in RAM as possible. (This isn't Window, although some questionable "software developers", like Cheetah, take advantage of the fact that most people are more familiar with Windows, which does want as much free RAM as possible, and distribute apps that "free RAM" - and actually gather your data and sends it back to a server in China.)
    12-13-2019 11:57 PM
    I doubt very much that an app that "clears RAM" comes with the phone and can't be disabled.
    Yeah, but remember, this is a Huawei phone. I had an Honor 5X that had this kind of preinstalled junk that couldn't be disabled either. Huawei loves to do this kind of thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-2019 12:21 AM
    If that's true, that's a reason I wouldn't buy a Huawei - it shows a total lack of understanding of how Android works. (And I don't want an app "cleaning out junk files" - if I don't think they're junk. I can clean my own junk. (That's one of the problems I had with this new PC - I had automatic junk file removal enables - and it removed all the "junk" in my download folder. Junk I kept, because I wanted it. So I had to download it all again. 2 to 4GB files. Lots of them. No thanks.)
    12-14-2019 12:28 AM
    Unfortunately, these "Phone Manager" apps seem to show up on more and more devices -- not just Chinese ones. Not sure if Samsung still has something like this -- remember back when their phone manager app was actually "Powered by Clean Master"? Then they changed to 360 Security (not any better). Not sure where it stands now.
    12-14-2019 12:31 AM
    Seems that nothing can be done. Asked a friend with newer Huawei Y6 and he's got the same problem. Phone manager app is there too. I erased it through adb but phone just gets buggy. Can't even root the damn thing cause bootloader is locked and there is no way anymore to get a code. I suspect that Phone Manager app is responsible for this kind of behaviour and if it is there's just no way to use phone without it.
    12-16-2019 05:34 PM