Good morning all,

I've got a problem with my Sena SMH5 motorcycle headset and my Samsung A70.

The headset has a command button that when pressed activates Google Assistant.

When the phone is awake, everything works fine, however when the screen is off, Google Assistant says you need to unlock the phone and tap the notification to allow the Assistant to work with the headset.

The headset is added as a trusted device, so the phone remains unlocked when connected, however you still need to swipe the screen up to access menus etc.

The volume control and answering/ending calls still works fine, so it's not a pairing issue.

Any support is welcome!
    12-15-2019 05:50 AM
    This one always trips me up when I get a new phone too, because it's not as intuitive to change as the notice leads you to believe.

First, open the main Google app (not the Google Assistant), then go to the app's settings and select "voice." Near the bottom of that screen, you'll see the option to "allow Bluetooth requests with device locked." Make sure that option is turned on.

If that is turned on and you are still getting that notice when trying to initiate a call, it's likely a bug in the app. That happened on my last phone, and the only fix I found was to use the app manager to uninstall updates on the Google app. Also make sure automatic updates are turned off on Google Play, because updating the Google app again always brought back the bug for me.
    12-15-2019 09:10 AM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-15-2019 09:31 AM
    And I've jinxed myself, because I'm now having this exact issue on my Razer Phone 2, only this time my own advice isn't working. So yeah, if anyone else runs across this thread and has any ideas, throw them out there.

Or if there's alternative voice dial methods that don't require Google Assistant, I'll try that too.
    12-20-2019 01:17 PM
    I thought this was covered in another thread the other day....I'll have to look for it
    12-20-2019 01:28 PM