Locking Users/Install/Uninstall/Settings/Internet control for Android applications

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have to set up multiple android 8, IP68-69K phones for industrial usage.
The criteria i have to pass is:
Creating new users with user privileges, given by the administrator
Users should not be able to install new applications
Users should not be able to Uninstall applications
Access to installed basic apps should be forbidden.
Access/opening/usage should be given only for specific software on the phones.
Internet/Wi-Fi should be used only for specific apps.
There should have no chance users to get administrator access in any mode.

I am advanced user of android, not an developer, i am not able to develop an new app on my own. And i have limited time to find an solution (This week). I have no idea from where to start.

Till now i have tried with Applications from Google app store, but they can be passed easily.

Thank you in advance,
Stoychev

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am advanced user of android, not an developer, i am not able to develop an new app on my own. And i have limited time to find an solution (This week). I have no idea from where to start.

There's no need to be a developer, solutions are out there. The short timeline is an issue. A mobile device management solution such as MobileIron or AirWatch would probably be what you need or want, but getting one and developing the policies to be enforced is probably going to take longer than you've given yourself. As you found - the apps available in the Play Store may not be as robust and secure as you need.

One final straw though - have you tried setting up a second user on the device? A second user can be set up with limited functions, including the app install/access restrictions. This, of course, is device-dependent - not all devices support the option to have multiple users.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I have to set up multiple android 8, IP68-69K phones for industrial usage.
The criteria i have to pass is:
Creating new users with user privileges, given by the administrator
Users should not be able to install new applications
Users should not be able to Uninstall applications
Access to installed basic apps should be forbidden.
Access/opening/usage should be given only for specific software on the phones.
Internet/Wi-Fi should be used only for specific apps.
There should have no chance users to get administrator access in any mode.

Till now i have tried with Applications from Google app store, but they can be passed easily.

Thank you in advance,
Stoychev
In addition to Halux advice, depending on the carrier, you should be able to make yourself the master account holder and everyone else a user. You can set up each user to do and not do all of the things you listed. Carriers call it sometimes Family Control or Family Allowances.
Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1