Messages app showing some but not all SMS messages

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been using YAATA for a while on my Blackberry Key2 (Android 8.1) but recently switched to the stock Messages app. I like it except that it is randomly dropping messages. Not all messages, just occasional SMS texts. I know this because if I go back over to YAATA I can see the missing texts. Pretty annoying! Does anyone have any suggestions?

cedarcicadas

Dec 17, 2019
Visit site
Blackberry Key2 LE which runs Android 8.1.

A bit more detail on the issue: occasionally someone will text me and I won't get it. This behavior seems random because at other times I do receive texts in the same thread. It is not specific to a particular sender. The message remains hidden until I send a reply (or if they reply again later), at which point it shows up, displaying its original timestamp.

This is with the stock app, Messages. If I switch back to YAATA I can see the missing texts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Blackberry Key2 LE which runs Android 8.1.

A bit more detail on the issue: occasionally someone will text me and I won't get it. This behavior seems random because at other times I do receive texts in the same thread. It is not specific to a particular sender. The message remains hidden until I send a reply (or if they reply again later), at which point it shows up, displaying its original timestamp.

This is with the stock app, Messages. If I switch back to YAATA I can see the missing texts.
Hi welcome!
You can try clearing cache,data,force stop your stock message app see if was a glitch

cedarcicadas

Dec 17, 2019
Visit site
Unfortunately it is actually still happening. The missing texts all appear after doing a force stop / clear data. I thought it was working properly after that but now I see that I'm still randomly not getting some texts. Is there anything else I can try? Interesting that they are clearly being received somewhere, just not displayed...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately it is actually still happening. The missing texts all appear after doing a force stop / clear data. I thought it was working properly after that but now I see that I'm still randomly not getting some texts. Is there anything else I can try? Interesting that they are clearly being received somewhere, just not displayed...
Is Google message the stock app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome