The IP address on my phone starts with the 25 but the IP address on the firestick is Sasha the 93 how do I match the two so I can use casting apps
    12-17-2019 05:41 PM
    You cant have 2 devices with same ip address it will create conflict , that's why each device has their own ip address, which phone you trying to cast this from or set up ? I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-17-2019 06:00 PM
    Both devices need to be on the same network, that they have different first octets (the segments of the IP address separated by the period) tells me they're not. Confirm both devices are connected to the same wireless network.
    12-17-2019 06:48 PM
    IP addresses are of the form aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd You can change the ddd part, but if you change the aaa, bbb or ccc parts, you just disconnect the device from the router. The device (phone or Firestick) has to have the router's first 3 'octets'.

If your Firestick has a different aaa part, it's not connected to your router, it's connected to someone else's router. If it's the ddd part that's different, it's supposed to be. No two devices on a network (the internet, your LAN, any single network) can have the same complete IP address. (In most cases, either the first one gets disconnected, or the second one doesn't connect. In a few routers, both of them get disconnected.)

You should be able to cast to any device that can receive a cast that has the same aaa.bbb.ccc as your phone.

(Make sure you have Mobile Data disabled, and you're looking at the phone's WiFi IP address. (The WiFi address and the Mobile Data addresses will be different. And you can't cast using Mobile Data - it has a different aaa part [and almost definitely different bbb and ccc parts] than anything connected to your router.)
    12-18-2019 04:04 PM