Facebook came preinstalled on Android, canot delete??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a new phone, an LG Android, because my carrier was no longer supporting the 2g phone that I had, and the new smartphone came with Facebook installed, so there is no option to uninstall the application provided, just enable / disable....
Unfortunately, disabling this app does not stop it from constantly sending me notifications of Friend Suggestions. I have tried to turn this off in my Facebook account Settings, but it seems to be unstoppable for some reason. I have tried Force Stop, the other option provided for the application,but this also does nothing.
Is Facebook and inescapable virus, you cannot turn off, unless you completely close out your Facebook account??
Can someone tell me how to get this off of my phone, if there is no option to Uninstall??
Thanks in advance!!

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
While I do use Facebook really, really dislike it.
And you've mentioned one reason why. The lookout is Al the way down, read hidden, on the page when I envoke FB.
So if I call it up on my phone I always make absolutely certain it's gone by going to the bottom of the column to select Sign Out and then I check to see if it's still running in background, or not, and delete that as well.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you've disabled the app, then it's not the app sending you the notifications. It could be an email, or even the Chrome browser sending those to you because you're signed in there.

The next time this happens, swipe down your notification bar and it should show you which app is sending it. If that's not working, tap on the notification and see which app it brings up. That will give you a start on hunting this down, but also double check your Facebook profile notification settings to make sure it's not set to send friend suggestions. I have that turned off in mine and it's been respecting that so far. It may also be a glitch on their server, so turning it on, saving that change, then turning it back off and saving again may reset things.

If you have any other questions, please register an account here so you can reply to this thread.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately Facebook seems to be Hard-Coded on every Android phone

I personally have NEVER had a Facebook account and NEVER will.

And even without having a Facebook account, on every Android phone I have owned, I will occasionally get notifications from the Facebook app reminding me to "Log into Your Account"

I find it very annoying, especially since I don't have a Facebook account and NEVER will have a Facebook account.

But I guess that it will never change since I seem to one of the very few people in the USA does not have a Facebook account.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I have never use FB, always disable in my phones and get not a whisper out of FB app. Confused as to why the OP is getting friends suggestions as that implies the account has been set up on the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad