Hi-
    Can plugged-in phone chargers cause harm if the head (usb a/b/c/lighting etc) comes in contact with anything, such as jewelry, if placed in a mouth, touched with a wet hand, etc? I believe branded chargers like apple and samsung etc have a safety mechanism that prevents electric shock/burn under those situations, but I'm not sure unbranded have that safety to prevent voltage from flowing to the individual. Any information would be great!
    12-23-2019 01:30 PM
    It's not the voltage that is dangerous - it's the amperage, unless you're talking A LOT of voltage. Phone chargers are both low voltage AND low amperage.

Is there a risk of a "tickle"? Maybe. However, the internals of the "brick" are likely to cook before damage to a human can happen. Also - the plugs on the phone end have VERY small gaps, and any current-carrying contacts are internal to the plug (unlike Apple's Lightning plug that is inverted).

I also believe that there is a handshake of sorts between the charger and device to determine the amperage and voltage sent to the device, without that there would be a minimal voltage/amperage flowing to the connector.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    12-23-2019 01:54 PM
    Anytime dealing with electricity ,fire ,water always be careful.
    Rukbat and Golurk like this.
    12-23-2019 02:24 PM
    If you mean the part that plugs into the wall, if it's not plugged in, it can't be dangerous. there's no electricity 'inside" it. If you mean the end of the cable that plugs into the phone, as mustang7757 said, be careful when dealing with electricity. If the charger is plugged in, consider it dangerous.

It's not Apple or Samsung, it's physics. Electricity, whether coming from an Apple charger, a Samsung charger, an unbranded charger or straight out of the wall outlet with no charger, is dangerous. But a charger itself, not plugged into the wall, isn't - whether it has a brand or not. Even an unpowered electric chair isn't dangerous.
    12-23-2019 04:34 PM